or Connect

Posts by Thumbkin

I took my class with Janice Rex-Weaver in Rochester. I don't know if that would be the closest for you. She does have accelerated format classes that condense the info into two longer days rather than the 5 week course. That's what we did because we were coming from far away. She also has other good classes there as well. The website is: http://www.yourpeacefulbirthing.com I hope that's helpful. Even if that's too far for you, she might know of other practitioners closer...
Hi! I live in Caro and can give you info for my midwife, not sure if she goes all the way to Lapeer or not, she's out of bay city. But really I wanted to let you know that I have been going to a home birth circle that just recently got started in Lapeer. If you pm me I can give you the info to find the group on Facebook. Our meetings are usually the 3rd Tuesday at 7. I'm sure between all of us, you'll be able to get the contact info for the midwives in the area.
I also live in a state where it is alegal (Michigan). Since it was my first baby, I did want to have testing done. (I only wanted to homebirth if I was truly "low risk" and felt the testing would help prove that). My midwife told me about an OB who was open to working with women who had birthed with her in the past. (The other major practices in the city will drop you completely if they find out you are planning to homebirth). When I first went to see the OB, his policy...
I just had my first baby (at home). When I asked at my first homebirth midwife appointment, she referred me to an OB who has seen some of the women she served in the past. I wanted to have the testing done to make sure I was truly low risk and that the homebirth would be "safe." When I first went to see the OB, his policy was that he would treat me like any other patient, he expected that I would go to all appointments and then "oops she just didn't show up at the...
I just had a homebirth last week. For what it's worth, since it was my first, I decided not to invite family (just DH, midwives and a very good friend who acted as doula). My mom and sister really wanted to be there, but I decided to just say no "this time" and depending on how I feel about having people around maybe next time she could come and be in charge of watching kid #1. I think she really wanted to be there because she was so excited about it being her first...
I have liked and shared on facebook.   I am 38 weeks pregnant with my first, so I don't know exactly what I love about babywearing from firsthand experience, but from watching others it seems like a great way to be connected with your baby/child and involve them in your everyday activities. I would love to win a Boba carrier!  
I hope I'm doing this right as I've never posted on mothering before, only lurked, but now that I'm actually pregnant I guess I can feel less creepy/stalkerish :)   EDD: April 18 (but the 22nd is Earth Day and my sister's b-day which would be awesome) Your Name: Shana Age: 27 State or Country: Michigan How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 months, I've always had short luteal phases (8 days) so this month I tried taking B6 to lengthen it and...