or Connect

Posts by forestmushroom

This is the next vehicle we want to get (we have 5 kids): http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/nv-passenger
this is tough because I completely agree with you and do not really like this kind of behavior control, but at the same time, I also have a student whose lower elementary class was often too loud for him to work. Honestly, I would just talk to her about it. Ask her how frequently the kids do loose their recess, etc.   Montessori has a lot of freedoms, but it also expects great responsibility. And sometimes kids need feedback on how their behavior is affecting the entire...
Hi Tolovemercy!  I have an Ambrose, too!  Welcome :)
I have the same struggle as you as a working mom to many! first of all, good for your daughter for asking for what she needs. this is actually really good that she knows what she needs, and she can ask for it. Secondly, can you set aside some time each evening to just hang out with her? Paint your nails, do something like that? Or bake something? Or just run errands with her and you alone? I would just set aside more time to just be together, and listen. Listen to what she...
Yes, I agree that people can have children as a means to an end, but that is abusive to the child. All people are ends in themselves and not means to an end. I agree that people do judge others choices, when it is their own free will to decide whether to have children or not. Children are not for everyone. :-)
That is awesome to hear about the bogs! We need good rainboots here, too. Oh, and costco has really good wool socks like smart wools for kids, women and men!!! They are an amazing price!   We are pretty much ready for school to start this week... I always have mixed emotions because while I am happy to send them to school  and ready for it (juggling work and kids all summer can be really hard!), I do miss them terribly.   We have 2 schools this year-- and I hope to...
I read it more like the author was overstating her perspective for effect, to be thought provoking. Obviously, nobody has children to get rich or have a clean home, or have tons of free time. Having kids doesn't really make sense from a "I need to fulfill myself" point of view. I think your example with the horses is a bit different because the horses are a means to an end, but people (children) are never means to an end, but an end in themselves. There really isn't...
If we are having a party we usually make a quinoa dish because you can make a ton easily, it is gluten free, and you can add any veggies, dump pasta sauce on it, etc. It is vegan, but you can easily put cheese on it... it is really easy! Quinoa can be kind of expensive, but we just buy the bulk bag from costco.   Then we do a cabbage/beet salad... or any kind of salad, really. Add chick peas, and it is really good and filling!   And then we also do pizza...
Yes! I am going to try to get it from the library... I could use a laugh ! LOL
opps!   http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Item/2489/jim_gaffigan_on_fatherhood_for_the_recovering_narcissist.aspx#.Ugu6d1O9zxw