or Connect

Posts by Jennyanydots

Well, the yelling guy probably thought he was being cute/cheeky.  I was not amused.  He was obviously a dad, putting one kid in a stroller. and with another still inside his car.  Perhaps trying to relate to me somehow? Either way, commenting loudly on my body in public is not the way, bud.   Sounds like you've got quite an active family circle, Tilly!  From what you've said it seems like that's more bad than good for you right now.  What do you say when they make...
yeah, I don't anticipate going very late, but if I were to I'd start thinking about it.  Also, another exception came to mind: with my son, my water broke over 24 hours before labor started.  At that point I was open to considering some natural induction methods first, before thinking about other options.  If it happens again this time, I'll consider it again.
Yeah, I'm getting sick of this stuff, too.  I work 2 days a week shopkeeping, and every. damn. customer. has to ask me questions about my pregnancy or comment on my body.  The question I get sick of is: "is this your first?" No, it's my flipping fourth. I'm sick of seeing the shocked expressions on people's faces when they hear that- are they more appalled that they can't force a bunch of stupid advice on me or that anyone would dare have 4 kids?    Even more offensive,...
Serena, my MW actually brought up induction at my last appointment.  She wasn't talking about doing it yet, of course, as I'm not due till end of Sept, but because I live on an island without a hospital nearby and with potential difficulty getting my midwives over in time, I think she was indicating that it would be easier if we could try to control and therefore predict when labor would begin.  I get the logic of that, but it absolutely rubs me the wrong way.  My first...
Anyone else having an awful time getting a good night's rest?  I am not getting nearly enough sleep, because my body is so uncomfortable at night.  My hips ache and I get symphysis pubis pain when I lay on my left side, and if I don't switch sides often, the impressions left on my skin by the sheets or my clothes (water retention, ugh) are painful.  If I didn't wake to pee 2-3 times a night, I might be able to sleep through this other stuff, but once I'm up I have a hard...
I'm feeling a lot of pressure down low, too, these days.  That, and swelling and heaviness and when I have a BH it's almost worrisome sometimes.  I feel like his head is directly on my bladder at all times and I can't escape the urge to pee.  I told DP the other day that my daily bit of pregnancy TMI was that ACTUALLY peeing a decent amount is probably one of the most pleasant physical things I experience lately- the constant bladder pressure means most bathroom visits...
I have to agree with JenVose here. The posters here that have circed or are considering it have come across as reasonable and not "advocating" for routine circ. The anti-circ responses come across as a pile-on, and if "bullying" may be a strong word, they're at least beating a dead horse. I have an intact DS and another on the way who will be left the same, and I don't like or agree with the procedure in general, but come on! Enough is enough.
I was breastfed till age 3, then my brother was born and my mom desperately tried to wean me but wound up reluctantly tandem nursing for a while. In retrospect, I wonder if I felt some jealousy at the time and if that contributed to the awful rivalry between my brother and me. My parents are very pro bf, and it was just sort of expected that I would bf my kids, but we never talked about it much. I'd call them passively supportive. My MIL did not bf DP, and she really...
L is for Lorinda
Awesome! Hahahaha