or Connect

Posts by Jennyanydots

Lilmamita, I wouldn't necessarily worry if he hasn't gained back his birthweight. That's just a rule of thumb- is he close? I thought this article was pretty good http://drjaygordon.com/pediatricks/newborns/scales.html Adrian had his two week appointment on Thursday, and he was back up to 8lbs 1oz, but his birthweight was 8lbs 6oz. He'd lost quite a bit at first, and at 5 days was almost a pound lighter, so he had farther to go than normal, and his actual weight gain is...
Interesting thread. I terminated a pregnancy a few days before my 17th birthday. I didn't tell my parents until years later, and at the time only my boyfriend and best friend knew. They both came with me. It was a very hard and tearful decision for me, and my boyfriend, who was a few years older, was supportive of me whichever path I chose. I was going into my senior year of high school and absolutely could not imagine having a baby then, as my family situation was very...
Darn, did I miss it? Private already?
Congrats to Sarah and Serafina! Aidenn, I'm so jealous of your knitting skills! That's awesome- I LOVE the fox! I tend to avoid crafting threads because I'm pretty uncrafty and I want to change that but haven't been motivated enough to do anything about it yet. Lame, eh? Lilmamita, I can imagine that passport photo and it's pretty dang funny
That's great, dakipode! What binder did you buy? I need a smaller one and I hesitate to buy another $50 squeem. Eesh. I weighed before going into the hospital, and as of then I have 12lbs to go to get back to my pre preg. 22lbs or so to get to pre DS1.
Thanks for all the well wishes! Hopefully we've seen the last of the hospital for a while. That was a crazy night! When I got back from the surgery at 1:30am, DS1 was still up and my frazzled DP was holding a screaming hungry baby. Everything was pretty uneventful with me, though, so that's good. Feeling better already. Oh and I could not be more impressed with my doctor. She was wonderful through the whole thing. She even offered DP some of her own expressed milk instead...
I've been admitted to the hospital awaiting a D&C. Ultrasound showed what is either a huge blood clot or some retained tissue in my uterus, and my OB said im at risk of a massive hemorrhage, so I am just biding my time here. I have to wait till it's been 6 hrs since I last ate, so just killing time. Good news is they were able to put us in labor & delivery, so the baby can room in. DP is out getting dinner for the crazy two year old. I'm scared of the spinal anesthesia....
Crap. Started bleeding again yesterday with lower abdominal pain. 10 days postpartum. I have been on antibiotics for 5 or 6 days for a bladder infection, now my OB wants me to go in for an ultrasound to rule out retained tissue in the uterus. Going in later today. Hoping it's just that I need a different antibiotic.
I had shingles this summer, and if was a very mild case. I had nerve pain along one arm for a day or two, then a small rash broke out on my back on the same side, and a smaller cluster appeared under my eye. It was very close to the eye, so I was a little concerned and watched it carefully, but it resolved without complications. The whole thing was pretty mild. The rashes were extremely sensitive and the nerve pain was bothersome, but it was no big deal over all. If you do...
Yeah, Mamamash I know the feeling. I haven't really gotten there yet this time, but I did see a picture of myself today that made me feel fat, and I noticed in the mirror that my ass seems to have flattened out some. Wtf? I've always had a big butt, and now It's going flat? Jeez. I have got to work on this. I got on a scale for the first time this afternoon and I weighed 159. So that's about 15 lbs lighter and about 15 to go to get to pre preg weight. Not awful. Why do I...