or Connect

Posts by nattery

I lived in Asia for a few years where everyone squats to pee / poop and even now, after moving back to the west for almost a year I STILL use a stool to put my feet up on when I have to poop. Now at almost 8 months pregnant, I don't know how I would poop without it. When the stool has been moved out of the bathroom for whatever reason I really notice a difference in the amount of straining and time it takes to go to the bathroom. The stool doesn't have to be very high...
I'm like you... was around 135 ish before this pregnancy, eat a whole foods, vegetable based diet, did yoga every day, worked on a farm (so exercising a lot daily) and in my 34th week of pregnancy, I've gained 40 lbs. I don't eat a lot... I eat about the same amount of food I ate before. I still go for long hikes and do yoga, in addition to muscle training exercises (I don't work on the farm now in my 8th month). The only way I would NOT have gained that weight is if I...
I know this is an older thread but thought I would add my experience here anyways to help anyone else who comes across it.   Chia can leave you feeling full because it's high fiber and bulks up when it's added to moisture (it becomes sticky and egg-like). It's also very very high in nutrients and protein so even if it made you feel full, you are eating a very nutrient dense and calorie dense thing so your body is getting a lot of energy and nutrients to go along with...
also I want to add that my midwives wanted me to submit a 'food diary' not long ago to check my diet and I had listed my chia seed consumption on there and they never said anything other than that my diet looked great!
Hi!   I am a vegetarian and have been using chia seeds throughout my pregnancy as a good source of whole protein (20%) , not to mention omega 3 (more than salmon does!), iron, high fiber (good for pregnancy constipation), calcium (more than milk), vit C (more than oranges), high in anti-oxidants AND there is research to suggest that it helps stablize blood glucose levels (which I thought was an awesome bonus since I was wary of developing G. Diabetes)   I've...
I am 32 weeks today and the last two midwife appointments I've been to, baby is head down in the right position BUT my midwives told me that it doesn't mean anything... babies flip around and move around all the time in there. It's not until 36 weeks they would start giving me tips on how to flip her if she wasn't in the right spot. Hope that brings some comfort!
  Ha ha never thought of it that way! Makes me laugh to think of what an ass she made herself look like
I recently took early medical leave because my job is very physically strenuous and my midwife was worried about threatened pre-term labour...   anyways I'm 7 months pregnant and went into my work (grocery store) to buy some groceries. My manager looked me up and down (with a shocked/ discusted look on her face) and asked "How much WEIGHT! have you PUT ON?" I was taken back as she just looked so horrified. She then went on to say "You must be retaining water or...
I look young for my age and I get the rudest questions inferring that I am a teenage mom. NOT that teenage mom's deserve to be asked these questions either. It was really opened my eyes to the crap they have to go through and the instant judgements people make. (I'm 29 and married by the way but people have guessed I am as young as 17, including other 17 year olds... which can make teaching high school difficult at times ;) )   Some of the questions I have gotten...
I thought this might be a fun thread to start. I am currently 5 months pregnant and like a lot of pregnant (and non-pregnant!) women, I have massive cravings at times for food I know is not the best choices for me and my baby. Lately I've been challenging myself to come up with alternatives and have really been enjoying the process of experimenting with good food (and not feeling guilty about wolfing it all down either!). I will warn you, I am NOT a calorie counter. I...