or Connect

Posts by nattery

I found the best sleeps I'm having now is with a pillow propped between my legs, and under my belly with a second pillow slightly wedged under my back behind me. I can't sleep without the support on each side.
  Here I am at 20 weeks. My sister claims she can't see a different in my belly. geez! I wonder if she just always envisioned me with a beer gut or something.
also, I notice movements most often right after I pee (more space to move in there!) and when DH is around. He likes to rub my belly first thing in the morning and at night and after he rubs me for a moment or two and pauses, baby responds with a storm of kicks... which is cute but rather annoying when I'm just about to fall asleep :P My husband thinks it's hilarious.
My husband has been able to feel movement for two weeks now. And they are strong! (I'm at 20 weeks this week)   I could easily feel external 50- 100 kicks a day if I tried. It's a really active baby! With really long legs so says the ultrasound tech.   I was reading online that most can expect to feel movement by 22-24 weeks. I asked my midwife why we could feel it so much earlier and she told me it all has to do with the position of the placenta. If the placenta...
So I've been in the process of interviewing doulas this week. It's been an interesting experience! I've never been in the interviewer capacity (well I have but not like this!) It feels really strange to be 'interviewing' doulas, especially since I am enjoying so many of them and can see how they would ALL be great at what they do but alas I am selecting only one.   I interviewed both professional certified doulas and training doulas. We are low income at the moment...
That's exciting Sweet Huck   the stronger kicks will come soon enough! I would say that now MOST of the movement I feel could be felt on the outside while the 'undetectable' wriggling movements are becoming the minority.
thought I would revive this thread with an update   For the past 1.5 - 2 weeks the movements have been so strong that my husband can feel them externally fairly often... as can I. The midwife told us last week that my placenta is attached at the rear as opposed to the front of the uterus and therefor there is less lining between the baby and the outside world, hence feeling it earlier than what people would usually expect. kinda cool! The kicking is getting really...
I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia as a teenager because I would feel faint if I let myself get too hungry or if I got up too fast sometimes. I was told to eat small protein rich meals to help prevent this (oh and also eat something salty here and there since I tend to eat a lot of raw / unprocessed foods with little to no salt present). It was never really a big issue for me to manage (except the odd time when I would feel really faint or develop a headache after not...
I'm starting to really pack on the pounds these past few weeks! I no longer fit into the maternity pants that I bought for myself last month :P oh oh. I hit 150 this week (originally somewhere between 135 - 140 ish?) AND 5 of that was gained this week alone... I think I'm actually more like 152 now after weighing myself at 150 on Thursday. and although I didn't feel bad about hitting 150, I'm a little nervous for how much more I can expect to gain from here on in. It's...
  I know but I'm still going to use it as an excuse when I'm tired and I want daddy to do it.  ; )