or Connect

Posts by nattery

We've told close family and close friends (especially our room mates since they need to know why I refuse to do dishes or help make food anymore!). The rest of the people aren't going to find out until after I have an ultrasound at 10 weeks... just want to make sure everything's looking good before we start telling! One thing that does annoy me is my husband's friend and his loud mouthed girlfriend found out by guessing and being really insistant with badgering him until...
  I live on Vancouver Island too! and I don't suggest people use MJ because of the crazy laws that could cause problems for families... I'm just sharing my experience and what I feel is the best and safest decision for my situation and family. I guess I feel comfortable around it since I have a number of friends and family that use it medically for a variety of problems and know a variety of people who grow the plants themselves so I feel confident. I don't think smoking...
I'm sorry people aren't feeling fully supported by their partners.   Reading some of these posts make me realize how lucky I am on my end. My partner has taken over all food prep / dishes / trash / cat litter/ cleaning with cleaning product chores because of either my strong aversions or need to stay away from them due to our paranoia of toxic substances.   He even took out books from the midwife clinic we are clients off..   and even with all of his support...
I know this isn't going to be a popular post... and I'm not necessarily offering it as a suggestion as America is not friendly to its use with pregnant women, but after much research (and I mean a lot!) and after having poor results from using other anti-nausea therapies (though ginger works a bit) I started using a little bit of marijuana when I became overwhelmed with sickness and it's the only thing that has effectively allowed me to eat a fully balanced meal without...
Hi Everyone!   at less than 7 dpo (more like 4 or 5 dpo) I started having symptoms. I know! crazy! all the literature I've read told me it was going to be a lot later then that. I wasn't symptom watching either. We've been very casual about ttc and I've gone months without really thinking about it until my period showed up. But this month was so different. I ovulated 3-4 days earlier than expected... and a few days later my breasts were full and sore. Also, I...
Hi Everyone!   EDD: Mid June - Around the Summer Solstice Your Age: 28  Husband: 32 Your General Location: Vancouver Island, BC Canada This babe will be child #?: First for both of us! How long have you been TTC: we TTC for a month or two, but got fed up with the stress and focused on having an awesome summer and were 'whatevering'. We were having sex without any contraception or prevention techniques for 5 months. Tell us a bit about your family (partner,...
Hmmm, well, I don't have any 'vibes' of my own yet that make me feel like it is a distinct boy or girl energy.... but when I was in Bali in February, a medicine woman told me I was going to get pregnant in the the fall / early winter and it was going to be a boy. A month later I had a very vivid and realistic dream where I was back in Bali and a Balinese medicine man / god figure told me I would be having a boy, and that he would be a very challenging boy and try all my...
Yippee Hooray Brambleberry! So exciting for you! Happy and healthy 9 months to you! What a nice message to wake up to on these boards.   I tests today at 15 dpo and got a negative. :(  It's not so much the negative I find hard to take, it's the differences going on with my body. before I ttc, I was always 28 days with a period that started early morning. Ever since I started ttc, my body plays jokes on me. Makes me late, gives me weird temperature dips and rises I've...
Writinglove - I like your friend's perspective... thanks for sharing! I thought of that this morning as I went to work and thought about how this could very well be the last few days / weeks/ months that me and my partner have each other all to ourselves... :D and with the summer coming up it could very well be the last summer where we aren't constrained by an infant/ child / teenager's schedule and needs. There is something really fun about the romance of it all and the...
Hi again everyone!   Dakipode: HAPPY O'ING!   Writinglove: I'm sorry you're struggling with why the universe is kicking you when you're already down. I've fallen back on a lot of Rumi poetry when I feel this way.   This was one of my favorites when I went through a really hard summer two years ago: In a particularly desperate moment I realize that despite my grief and suffering I was growing and changing and learning so much in those moments, I ended up...