or Connect

Posts by orinsmama

. . . yes, even if ds has an accident in the night, I am right there to change his clothes and comfort him! I have had a co-sleeping discussion with a good friend of mine recently (who does not share my AP style of parenting). So I really appreciate this thread right now! Co-sleeping allows not only convenience for the care of our precious babies, but the opportunity for the maximum amount of love! I loved nursing in the night. I love how easy night potty...
My ds is 3.5 (wow! where has the time gone?!) and we seem to naturally unschool. Thank you Queen Gwen for the link to Waldorf HS. Soooo much info From www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com: "The standard Waldorf grades curriculum is designed to meet a child at his level of readiness to learn and understand. Waldorf is experiential - children are introduced to subjects through experience rather than concept. After the initial experience, children are guided to explore a...
My son is much younger, and I admit I speak not from experience with him. However, my dh was much the same (gifted intellectually, but appears rebellious/defiant and unmotivated/lazy) and that appears to be his innate personality Would giving him more autonomy help (that's what my dh says he likes best)? Which, in your case, might translate to allowing him to almost always having a "choice." Not wether or not to do xyz, but rather "do you want to do xyz before or...
I have to agree with Brenoi. Your children are getting ready simply by exploring their world and establishing wonder and curiousity. Reading to them helps them do that, too, while setting the foundation for their reading/language skills. Books and internet research unlock the knowledge of the world. Attachment parenting has been wonderful for us. Providing a loving, consistant, secure relationship has resulted in my loving and imaginative 3 year old. Hugs...
I think we all have our children when we are ment to. I just turned 27 when Orin was born and although I had wanted children since I was 18 (or so) wanting them didn't mean I was with the right person or knew enough about myself to raise the wonderful child I have now. I wanted to have my children before I was 30, but if we want another (I think Orin is more ready than I (we) am (are) :-) I will obviously be over my self-imposed age limit. OH,WELL! Not the worst...