or Connect

Posts by poppyseed2012

Lost my mucous plug in the shower this morning! I kept thinking that I was loosing it bit by bit over the past few weeks (extra stringy discharge) but this morning I got out of the shower and there was a HUGE, like quarter cup blob of goo on in the tub. My mom said she always went into labor within a day of loosing her plug! Ahhhhhh!   I keep getting excited, but then I remind myself... it could be weeks.   So I'm at least 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced and no mucous...
I'm right there with you. Two nights ago I was up from 12-1 and this morning I had to get up at 5 because of the belly itch. It's my whole lower half. Right over my stretch marks. It's the worst itch I've ever felt.   I use hydrocortisone cream, because we did happen to have it in our cupboard. I've also used aloe based lotions on a more regular basis, not just when it's itching, but in the morning, throughout the day and night. I wake up every two hours to pee, so...
I'm not in labor, but I feel... anxious and crampy and a lot of business is going on down by my cervix. Sharp shooting pains combined with super waves of pressure. Since this is my first I'm not sure how it's supposed to feel! I was torn about the "sweep" but since I was already soft and dilated a bit I told her to go for it. On Wednesday I have an appointment with my friend who does acupuncture to do a labor inducing treatment.   I'm really torn between these gentle...
I just had another ultrasound for fluid/size estimate, which turns out to be 10 lb 3oz! She did a vaginal exam and found me 2 cm and 70% effaced. "Very soft" cervix and head is way down. So she sweeped. I guess well see!
    Uggghhhh. Same here! I'm peeing every two hours on the dot and my hips and hands and jaw (wth?!) are so sore all night long!!! Oh, and my belly itches like crazy. Nighttime is not my friend.
  This is my first pregnancy, so I don't have the experience, but last week I suggested to someone that they google "blue twinkies." I wasn't kidding! This is something Jenny McCarthy talks about in her pregnancy book. She said her labia looked like, "...two blue twinkies cuddling under really bad carpeting." I think it's totally normal!   But it's always nice to see your midwife and get the a.o.k. from her. :)
I met with the woman who is going to encapsulate last week and she was great! She uses the Chinese medicine method. I guess there's going to be about a pint of broth for me to consume (if I want) within 24 hours of the birth. Then I'll have between 100 and 200 capsules to last the rest of postpartum. I guess the bigger the baby, the bigger the placenta! Yet another plus for a nice healthy 10 pound baby!   Has anyone drunk the broth? What does it taste like?
100% agree. I'll also be vaccinating my little guy. Probably on a delayed schedule. And I'm definitely up to date on all of my vaxes for the same exact reasons - travel and public health concerns. I do whatever I can to do what I believe is taking care of myself and my family. To each their own, I say. :)    
I was 10 lbs 8 oz. My mister was 8 lbs 3 oz.   Two weeks ago (at 36 weeks) an ultrasound estimated he was already at 7 lbs 10 oz!   The big question for me is whether or not he'll be over or under his momma. I'm going with under: 10 lbs 3 oz.
      Quote: I love it! We have recently purchased a blu-ray player and agreed FG must be our next purchase. Great movie!   Astria, I know exactly what you mean about the water. I still feel like water is the most amazing thing in the world. I can't get enough. (but I don't have GD) The worst is at night, because I get up every two hours, on the dot, to pee so I try to restrict water after dinner. But then I'll take my vitamins right before bed and I'll find myself...