or Connect

Posts by ruralrabbit

Hi, I haven't posted much...but wanted to weigh in.  I've been using an SI (SacroIliac) Belt on and off during this pregnancy and it's been a lifesaver for my hips and hip related issues.  I used it after my first pregnancy 2 years ago because of Pubic Symphasis pain and with this pregnancy I pulled it out as early as 10 weeks, I think, to give me extra stability when I felt like I needed it (things happen so much faster with Baby #2).  So far it's helped knee pain, hip...
Sounds like you're doing a lot of stuff right.  How is your protein intake?  Hydration?  I've found those two things make a big difference for me (both in this and my last pregnancy).  It's hard sometimes because they're the exact opposite of what I want (which is nothing).  As queasy as the thought of it makes me, I've found that a boiled egg with a lot of salt followed by a glass of milk does the trick in settling my stomach for a couple of hours.  I keep a bowl of the...
Newbie here.  :)   Before DS (22 months) I did a lot of teaching group fitness and personal training, now working out at home, mostly, these days.  DVD's in my living room while DS eats his breakfast and watches or taking him out in the running stroller.  Subbing to teach an occasional group fitness class.  We've been taking a 1/2 hour to hour walk as a family at night, too.  Good for hubby and the dog and it seems to settle DS down before bed.  I carry him in the...
Just wanted to weigh in on the heart rate/exercise stuff...ACOG used to recommend keeping your heart rate to 145 or so when exercising while pregnant, but that's no longer the case.  As long as there's no impact involved (skiing, basketball, etc.) then you're fine to keep it up if you were doing it before you were pregnant.  I lifted weights and taught high impact aerobics all the way through my last pregnancy and my doctor supported me in it.  She said that babies of...
Thought maybe this would be a good place to introduce myself.  I'm new to the mothering.com community, but was a big fan of the magazine.    Name: Joli Weeks/Days along:  Just over 5 weeks (EDD May 15) Appointments:  first ultrasound and appointment with a NP on 9/28 Symptoms:  a little of everything, but manageable.  Queasiness, hunger, headaches, sore BBS(!) Food:  more aversions at this point Exercise:  a lot - I taught Group Fitness regularly before my DS...