or Connect

Posts by samie1400

Great tips everyone!   I do have a pumping station set up and keep baby next to me. I think I need a cute basket to put all my supplies in- stuff like that motivates me. Why i don't know, but I like to see things arranged nicely. I cant hold my lil guy because he grabs the tubing lol and even pulled it out. I got an activity mat that keeps him distracted even if he's hungry.   I tried the hands free rubberband thing and it works only if the rubberband is...
   How do you all schedule your pumpings?   This is what I'm currently doing. Wash out everything at night, then pump with the early morning feeding and leave it by my bed then pump again as soon as I'm awake (about 7.) Then stick the pump parts and milk in the fridge and basically take it out after each feeding and pump then (so about every 3 hours.) The most sessions I got in a day was 9 and usually I try for 6. I tried apps with reminders but I just dont like...
I'm glad to have found this thread. It's been pretty challenging journey..we found out our baby had a cleft lip and palate at the end of pregnancy. He had low sugar at birth ( I had GD) so he was on IV and put on formula. I was told I probably wouldn't be able to have enough milk and I resigned myself to that and didn't pump as much as I should have plus I had a c section and our baby was on NICU so there was just a lot going on. Anyways now he is 3 months and taking...
  We also had our little guy almost 2 wks ago. Unfortunately I had to get c section because water had broke and way past 24 hr mark so risk of infection and not enough progress. Baby did have low sugar so he had to be monitored and put on IV. Hes ok now. I'm sad that I wasnt able to have a natural birth but very glad to finally meet our little boy. Hopefully next time around will be smoother.
  Well I'm running out of time so this week is it. I suspect I'm stressed out because of the induction hanging over my head and thats whats stopping things so I dont think I will go into labor naturally. They are doing a gradual dose overnight and turning it up the next morning. Hope I get a good nurse too. The midwife kind of sounded like this is the way we do things attitude but she is allowing me the overnight low dose thing. I'm getting some accupressure done...
  Oh I might have forgotten to mention that I was about 1cm- 2cm and 80% effaced when they checked me so thats good. Plus I lost my mucus plug last week so midwife says I dont need cervidil. They also told me not to pump because it can cause intense contractions but my doula said she has never seen someone pump and go into intense labor from it. I've tried hand expression a few times for about 10 minutes and I'm trying to figure out how to use the breast pump I have....
  Had a scan today and asked about cervidil. The doc said she tried that with her first pregnancy and labor started in 15 min and was pretty intense. So is a low dose of pitocin better? I read reviews of cervidil where some people said it was terrible and they had double contractions with no breaks...I guess it just varies with each person? Well I have a few more days to see. She also said my placenta looked like 40 weeks and the LMP due date may be off (5 day...
  Ok so I've pushed back induction for  next week (41 +5 by LMP, will be 41 weeks exactly by scan). Midwife says baby is 7 pounder and did mention maybe I can birth a 7 pounder but not 8 pounder. I can't help worrying about tearing badly or the baby getting stuck cause of my small size. Maybe I can push it back a few more days possibly. This is really a last option for me. I'm dilating 1-2 cm plus losing my mucus plug so hopefully things will happen before then. So I...
  Hmm, well I got some quick decisions to make. It's been 40 weeks and baby is measuring at 7.7 pounds with head measuring at 90th percentile. I said I don't want to go past 41 weeks so the midwife/Ob want to check my cervix and possibly start cervidil next week plus scheduled induction on thursday. I'm pretty small (about 5 ft) so I am worried about a big baby but I also know the weight is an estimate. But with the GD what if he just keeps getting biggger the longer I...