or Connect

Posts by MamaSpruce

1. car seat 2. boobs 3. cloth diapers 4. boobs 5. love
I thought it was pretty good. It presented a lot of what I always want to tell people, that you can do it in any way you want, as long as you're taking steps to try and tune in and introduce the potty in some way. I think no matter how minimally or completely you do EC, you and your baby benefit. Also, I like that they pointed out you can still diaper and do EC. I think she did a good job of making it approachable and not seems so difficult. I thought it would be so...
conventional treatment is to give abx, though it looks like there is inconclusive evidence that it can help prevent someone from getting it--thanks for that reference. and one could argue giving abx is not the end of the world and if it MAY prevent it that could be worth it. i'm still undecided but the pharmacy is closed and he's off to bed so I guess I'm sleeping on it.
My 2 year old was at the same house (his one day a week preschool) with a child that was confirmed with pertussis later in the week. She is 4 and I assume not the closest play mate of my 2 yo boy, it was only 3 hours, she wasn't coughing, teacher is good about hand washing, but... the risk is still there. ths was tuesday, we just found out yesterday. dr and husband want him to start abx tonight. i'm on the fence. on the one hand, it would be great to avoid pertussis...
Great to hear all of your experiences and successes of non-cueing babies. It is reassuring, especially those with older babies who are starting to communicate more about it. My babe also definitely waits to pee and poo until given the opportunity, to a limit of course, and is listening to my communication, so the EC term still applies.
Gorgeous baby and photos, thanks for sharing! I keep thinking we need to take more photos of our little guy, Kieran, 9 mos, on the potty. As I was looking your boy not only looked adorable but familiar. I stared for awhile and then looked at your blog and think I put it together. I've seen photos of your family at my dear friend Jesua's house and heard about her nephews! Just saw her tonight, she is looking radiant, speaking of pregnant women.
So, we started EC at 11 weeks, going kind of slowly and mostly starting kind of part time with diapers on most always. I'd catch a lot just on timing, after wake up, if he had been dry awhile, poop after big nurses. Pretty quickly he was picking up on my cues. I've kind of always had times where I just kind of didn't deal, we were out and about, big brother was occupying me. But now I never miss poops and have many days with only a few misses (one once!). We have lot...
Oh, on another note, I understand most women with MS tend to be unsymptomatic when pregnant and have no problem going off meds. A reassuring little bit of info if you are planning more children.
No personal experience, but, one of our local La Leche League leaders talked about helping a woman with MS recently. The woman was having her first babe and had decided to breastfeed for 6 weeks and pump during that time to hopefully have enough milk frozen for an additional month, before going back on her medication. The leader started looking into MS meds and breastmilk. She contacted the leading authority on meds and milk, Dr. Thomas Hale. Turns out many medications...
Quote: Originally Posted by wannabe It won't start labour, but holy crap does it ramp contractions up by 1000% Yeah, ditto from me too. I had light ctrx for a few hours in the morning and lay down to nurse my toddler for his nap around 12:30. Things got serious then and my babe was born by 2:20. Big bro woke just in time for the big event. I certainly wouldn't have made it to a hospital since it really snuck up on me. Ah, another benifit of home...