or Connect

Posts by Urchin

DH and I have an awful time agreeing on names. I like LOTS of names...him, not so much. It's very frustrating. My DD was lucky she had a name..and at the rate we're going, our next child will be nameless.   He has suggested Brayden for a boy, which I am liking. Our boy name when we were pregnant with DD was Meyer..but I am not sure how I feel about that name now. lol   For girls, I was SET on Marcie (short for Marcella or Marcelline) but he does not like it.   I have...
Today my symptoms are gone (minus a little breast tenderness). I'm 7 weeks today, and have felt pretty awful the last week or so. I'm slightly worried that BAM, everything is gone, but at the same time.. it's kinda nice to feel closer to normal. I'm not seeing my doctor until the middle of the month..but I am really considering taking him up on the offer to get an ultrasound done (something that isn't typically done here so early). How is everyone else feeling?    
I had to be induced (with only gel) due to IUGR and maternal hydronephrosis.   I had been having some mild contractions, but nothing too serious. I was laying on the hospital bed, and just as the nurses were taking my monitors off, I felt a "pop" and some pain. I didn't think it was my water, as I had never heard water breaking being described as what I was experiencing. Even DH, who was laying beside me, felt the pop.   It wasn't until I stood up and water came...
Mine are just slightly sore, with the soreness increasing the last couple days.   I have really small breasts (32B before my last pregnancy, and now 32AA). I had no breast growth and only slight physical changes in my last pregnancy until 24hrs PP, when my milk came in, and I became a C cup. They stayed that size until I stopped BFing at 14m PP.   I don't expect they will change much this time around, but who knows!
My daughter is 27 months old now. She's very smart and has no qualms using the potty. She'll randomly tell us she needs to use the potty and will take her diaper off herself to go use it.   That being said, there is no consistency with this. She still pees  and poos in her diapers most of the time. I've never really pushed the potty training, just made it available to her. She also goes to daycare 5 days a week...which is making it even more challenging to potty...
It's probably not like that country-wide, but here in my province, where the economy is slow, we don't have nearly as many doctors..there's a really bad shortage. Otherwise, I love our system..just gotta convince more physicians to come out to this end of our country!
The problem with our Canadian healthcare system (which, I love, for the most part) is that we have a shortage of doctors. We can't pick and choose if we don't like our doctors, unfortunately. Most doctors have no room for new clients, and those who do will only take patients who do not have a doctor. That being said, with my last pregnancy, I declined and he never bothered me again about it. I've never had my doctor pressure me to do anything, or make me feel guilty. It's...
At my first appointment, my doctor mentioned that I was due for a PAP, and my tetanus shot. He said we'll do the PAP at my next appointment, but I think I am going to decline it. I HATE declining things, because I feel guilty, lol, but I am just not comfortable with it while I am pregnant. Sure, it's been 2 years since my last PAP, but I've been getting paps over the last 10 years and never had a negative one yet... I also don't know about the tetanus shot. I am kind of...
Here, we typically stay with our GP's until around 32 weeks, then we start seeing an OB. Given my complications last time though, I may end up seeing an OB earlier on.   My OB from the last time around is on Mat-leave (Boo!), so I won't be able to see her again. The doctor that was on call, who delivered my daughter was amazing though, so I will be referred to him when the time comes!
Last week, I couldn't get enough veggies and healthy food (like I normally eat). This week, EVERYTHING turns my stomach. All I want is comfort food. I hate it. I want nothing more than to eat a huge bowl of mac and cheese...or mashed potatos.