or Connect

Posts by hollyann

Is anyone still waiting on their baby! 40W & 4D today! I've had cramps every night for about two weeks but no contractions yet, I've taken long walks, spicy food, nipple stimulation, sex, and nada! Starting to feel frustrated waiting for baby, although I know she will be born on her birthday, not her due date, it's hard to be patient!
Thanks onemoreontheway, I'm hoping for that, people keep telling me the more cramping I have before hand should shorten labor, here's hoping! It's getting hard getting so excited every night, then every morning, nothing! Bubblema- I picked up a nursing tank at pea in the pod, it was kind of expensive, but the built in bra was more comfortable than my nursing bra and I figure I can sleep in it, plus it's super long and covers my pregnant belly
wow, I love seeing all these new babies! congrats to all the new mamas!   Today is my due date, I've been having light to medium cramps the past week or so, and quite a bit last night and the night before, enough to wake me up but they don't come and go the way I would expect contractions to.  more of a constant uncomfortable cramping that usually subsides by morning, I hope I will actually know when I go into labor!   other than that, I'm just resting eating and...
I'm still here too! 38w 1d, found out last week that baby is posterior so I went to acupuncture last night, I've also been crawling around on my hands and knees telling baby to turn! Last night I woke up with what felt like light menstrual cramps low down and nausea, still feeling a little crampy but I'm assuming what I am feeling is Pre-labor signs. The house is still a mess and I haven't gotten to make and freeze any meals yet, so I'm hoping baby will give me at least a...
I like this one:   Cover up! Blame it on the baby: My baby doesn't like having his head covered when he eats. It gets too hot and stuffy under there. Continuing in an oh-so-gracious vein: But you feel free to put a blanket over your head if it makes you feel better.   I feel like another answer to any of these would be : mind your own business!   I'm happy to live in a state (NY) where breast feeding in public, whether or not the nipple is showing,  is a...
Hi guys, one of my nipples is inverted or flat and I am hoping to get a head start on correcting or drawing out the nipple to avoid a potential problem after baby is born.  My midwife originally mentioned using a breast shell starting at 37 weeks, but I met a lactation consultant the other day who suggested using supple cups instead.  I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these, and what worked for them to get the nipple to protrude more before baby...
Congrats! she is perfect!
I was just talking about this to an older woman I work with, last week we were talking about how my MIL has been super annoying with the uninvited and totally obvious advice, and today I was saying how people keep saying I look small, and she said, 'why would anyone say that', "you just have to use that old saying with your MIL and everyone else", "Mind your own F@cking business!"  Unfortunately I don't have the guts to say it to all the people who are asking super...
Thanks Just1More: Its interesting how few vaccinated were administered when we were children.  The three listed here are the three are the ones I was planning to do, but I'll have to do more research on the other ones.
  Ruby - I love that story, I can guarantee no one has ever pronounced her name "correctly"!  The only problem, is that this - symbol is not called a dash it's called a hyphen, so really her name should be Lhyphenah