or Connect

Posts by Arianrhod

I don't have an answer for you, but I am moving to Pittsburgh this spring. Probably mid-March with a need to start daycare in early April. I am in need of care for my daughter who is currently 8 months old. I would also be interested in a nannyshare as a possibility and am frustrated with having to pay $100 to be on waiting lists for places that won't have an opening for 6 months to a few years. In the meantime, my husband and I need to work! The neighborhoods you cited...
Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Forest.   MLog-- we have a lot of similarities here. My parents always made me drink milk as a child and never connected the dots between that and my chronic GI problems and asthma. When I got older, I realized I was somewhat dairy intolerant, cut it out completely for a year, and have been eating cheese,yogurt, etc without issues ever since. Then when I got pregnant, I started craving milk and frozen yogurt like crazy. So...
After my normally content-through-the-night daughter woke up screaming and scrunching up her legs and clearly in pain on several random occasions, I started to pay more attention to what I was eating. I found that the worst incidences of this occurred on nights where I'd gone a little overboard at one of the self-serve frozen yogurt places. Anyhow I cut out dairy as an experiment, the incidents stopped and her cradle cap cleared up. To confirm, I ate some very cheesy...
Hi all, I've also been a stranger after returning to work.   Not sure if this would work for your family Rozzie, but we added in a dream feed midway through the night after I went back to work. This way, my daughter and I get some extra bonding time and she gets more calories from the source which reduces my concerns about her not eating much during the day (usually just 8-10 oz total) and also lowers my pumping burden at work. So she eats at 9 pm, goes to sleep,...
Baby Girl was born on May 19 via last-minute, but not emergency, c-section due to breech position discovered after 14 hours of natural, Hypnobabies labor. We're doing great, and I'm not at all traumatized by the section, to my great surprise and relief. 7 lbs, 1.5 oz, 39 weeks exactly.
Thanks for the kind words Casmer and Cookie. I am so happy to report that I'm on the mend. I haven't been able to choke down 4-5 liters of water a day like the midwives recommend this week to help me recover, but I haven't been able to get down as much water as they've wanted me to all along. I think some of us just need a little less water!   Emelee--I am so annoyed for you by that high-risk OB talk. I don't understand why multiples are automatically high risk when...
Warning: this post contains TMI   I'm due the 26th and had been hoping that the increasing frequency of BH over the past few weeks, along with a few other body changes, was a sign that my birthing time was near. Now I hope my sweet baby stays in for at least another week so I can get my strength back. At this point, she is welcome to stay in until June. Read on for the gory details.   THEN I got food poisoning over the weekend :( When I first started having...
I don't have a lot to add other than that Percocet withdrawal can cause extreme crying and moodiness in a non-postpartum person, even after just a few doses, so your instinct about that could be right on. Hugs to you as you make your way through.
Washington Park Chiropractic Care came highly recommended by my doula, but didn't accept my insurance. I went with Corrie Pillon http://www.drcorriepillon.com/ She specializes in women's health, including prenatal.
This is one of my favorite birth stories EVER. Congrats Masel! William James' grand entrance seems like a sign of a wonderful life of spontaneity and joy ahead. Blessings to your whole family.