or Connect

Posts by Blissful Bee

Just popping in here to say hi, and to let those who are browing this forum know that you can have a beautiful, magical and mindful birth experience with a cesarean delivery. We knew with our fourth C-Section that it would require a planned procedure due to medical reasons. I found an amazing doctor who really believes in honoring the beauty of birth and followed our birthplan completely with the exception of placing the baby on my chest from my belly. Legal reasons...
Well it sounds like it is too early, there is no real rush on it. However, I would think oatmeal might be too much for that fresh new system, although I could be wrong. If you really want to keep trying, maybe try using breastmilk in it and keep it really thin. Perhaps puree it, unless you are already doing that. Best of luck, our Oscar is also six months now and we are thinking once he can sit up on his own and such that we will start a little bit of solids and see...
That would be terrific! Our newest baby was delivered by a great family practitioner and he may have a recommendation for me. He is helping me with Oscar for the first few months. Normally I wouldnt even really take him in, but he has head issues that make it necessary. His "partner" at the practice already mentioned how at two months we will go ahead and do that Hep shot I declined in the hospital along with the other shots... I just smiled and ignored her since she...
Is there a website or even a thread where I can find a non-vacinating friendly Dr. for my kids? I live in New Mexico, USA. Thanks!
All four of my kids have used a paci for the first three months or so. they would nurse until they were throwing up without it. the thing that I needed to do was to watch that I wasnt "pushing" the paci, so basically I would only bring it out when there was a real need for it. It is so easy to get used to using it and just puttingit in their mouths when they arent even fussing for it. then as the need began to pass, the use also decreased. Within time it was just...
Can you add our little bundle to the list... Name: Blissfulbee (kari) Age: 36 Due Date: Dec 10 Baby's Name and Gender: Oscar Diego Date and Time Born: Dec 6th @ 10:08am Weight and Length:7lbs 11ozs 21 5/8 inches
Yeah, Im thinking it is colostrum and that it will be fine. the pain does have me concerned because Ive never had so much pain with colostrum in the past. Certainly engorgement has been painful, but this is different. It is almost like one of the holes that the colostrum can come out of is blocked. thanks for the help. I will just keep putting the warm rag on it and trying to get it to come through. I just want to be sure that when the baby comes Im not in the...
I am currently 38 weeks and 4 days pg with my fourth baby. Yest afternoon my left nipple really started to hurt me with twinges of pain and an overall sensitivity in the entire breast. My right breast seems fine, slightly sensitive, but the nipple is fine. My left breast is usually my best nursing side and the breast itself is at least on cup size larger than the right one. Anyway it is hurting quite badly and now I have some discharge that I am able to extract from...
When do you think is the best time? I know at 9 months I will look like an elephant, so Im thinking before that. My mother is coming to visit over labor day weekend, Im wondering if that will be too soon? Im obviously very pregnant, but I do still have my belly button. Maybe I should do one now and then another when the belly button disappears. :-)
Hey there, I will first admit that I didnt have achance to read this entire thread, but wanted to let you know that I have two children who have been diagnosed with Ventriculomegaly. My son, who is now eight, was the worst case and required constant monitoring during the pregnancy and after. I will tell you that he is PERFECTLY FINE now!!! He did have to visit the neurosurgeon monthly for the first year or so to have a very precise measurement done on his head and he...