or Connect

Posts by persephassa

I made all sorts of thngs for DS, I had more time. I hope to make this baby a knitted blanket like the one is did for DS but in a different color way, and/or a quilt.
Hello! Just got a positive on two tests this afternoon--about 4 weeks, here. I haven't told my husband yet, I want to surprise him--I was thinking for valentines day but I might do something on Chinese New Year instead, since February 14th seems far away. This will be our second--DS is 21 months and stil nursing pretty frequently. For ds I had a water birth in a birth center in ohio, with a doula. We moved to Orange County earlier this month, tho, so I need to find out...
baby orryn has been on eight flights... about to check off 12 at xmas :) flights have been fine, except when they keep us idling on the jetway. i don't use a pacifier but i bring one for the plane.   i don't know, in my experience (visiting family), someone is always holding baby, so it isn't like i need bumbo to sit him in while i fold laundry or whatever. at this stage, i bring a quilt, tho, for him to play on.   i'm going to try and take orryn swimming at the...
Iread some people use hydrogen peroxide--I haven't tried it, tho, the sun works for me. I also use baby ganics stain remover, sometimes. I think people like the wool partially because its all natural, no synthetics. I have some wool but I mostly use flats & pul covers & pockets (triple stuffed with bamboo, hemp & sherpa, at night).
hooray babies! crazy how soren & shay aren't really that far apart in age--shay looks like such a toddler already! amazing how time slips by. & rowdie, how lucky you are to live by the beach! i would really love to move to a coastal state (we're so land bound here!). i grew up in ca and  jealous of my friends there who can take their babies to see the sea.    orryn is so awesome & sweet, everything is going really well. i don't have much time for myself but we're...
Orryn's another one who loves to stuff his hand in his mouth the drool is pretty soppy, we also constantly have him bibbed,, and I change it like 3x a day! Exciting how the babies are rolling! O does it both ways, too, tho it still frustrates him a little. One thing he does that is so awesome is turn pages when we read a story! He crunches up the paper pages but board books go much better
My baby is the same age +1 for the ceiling fan. I take him to story time at the public library, it's for babies under one year and is pretty fun, lots of singing and such... Mostly he likes looking at the other babies! We also check out a bunch of books for the week; he gets excited about books where the story has a rhyming pattern & talks a lot to it, haha. Music! I have a some bells he can ring, a washboard he can sort of hit with a spoon, a xylophone, a wooden block...
& there are all kinds of Facebook coops, mostly for "china cheapies" (alva, kawaii, sunbaby, babyland, baby wizard, coolababy, etc) where you can get them wholesale ($3 for an alva pocket). They are easy to join, it just takes the mail awhile. Sometimes they will do a coop for other baby stuff, too. Ps. I love these wahm covers--I don't have any but I need to pay attention when she updates next! http://hyenacart.com/stores/rockabyebooty/
I love them! The folds look confusing but are pretty easy. I only have one tiedye flat and two ikea burp rag flats, but I want to try more! I think I like them better than the prefoLds, really.
We never had the orange edge prefoLds--I have the yellows and some osocozy smalls (those haven't fit for awhile). The yellows still fit, tho I expect orryn might grow out of them in a month or so. I have a dozen red edge, plus lots of pockets and I'm kind of loving flats not sure what he weighs now; at his 2 month appointment he weighed 11 lbs--he's 12 weeks old on Monday! Not fussy at all, nursing great, lots of smiles and stuffing his hands/a soft giraffe rattle in his...