or Connect

Posts by persephassa

Name: roxi Weeks/Days along: 14w 1d Appointments: saw my OB on friday, heartbeat 162... then went to the ER early in the morning on tuesday... i went to go to the bathroom around midnight on halloween and had a small gush of blood... called the OB and they said to call in the morning, unless there was more/cramping. we went to bed but i woke up at 4am, feeling crampish and found more blood so we went in. the first nurse we had couldn't find the heartbeat, i was...
these sounds fun :) i tried a cursory search & couldn't find something; what exactly are Birth Beads/Nursing Necklaces?
  Name: roxi Weeks/Day along: 12 weeks tomorrow! or maybe it was 12 weeks Wednesday; they doctor originally thought May 5 but the hospital today said May 2. We told some friends and family already but I am excited to announce on FB  Appointments: We had an NT scan done today--this time the baby was moving around! So amazing to see it flipping about and raising its arms. Heart rate 162. We had to go to a hospital about 45 minutes away because they don't do the scan...
Here! I'm mostly excited--it is fun to think about how things will be different, and all the stuff we'll get to do--teaching them the alphabet, to read, etc. Mostly I'm worried about driving! I haven't had a licence since 2004--we moved from CA to RI then so my now-husband could start grad school (I joined him in 2006 and just finished my Phd this spring) and we lived close enough to everything that there was no need for driving. Even when we moved to Colorado I got...
yeah... i don't know what is normal? it is the machine they had--i have some of the fuzzy-looking ones, too; they printed out like 8 pictures. it was so great to see! my husband got there in the last 5 minutes (he had to come straight from class, i couldn't get them to reschedule on a better day for him), so he got to see the wee baby & see/hear it's heart beating, too! :)
  Name: Roxi Weeks/Days along: 9 weeks 5 days   Appointments: I had my first appointment last week... The doctor didn't do anything special, just routine questions and a cursory exam, blood test, etc. I went back this week for an ultrasound, which was amazing! The doctor wanted to check gestation since my period was irregular over the summer, but the baby is right along what I thought, due May 5. We got to hear the heartbeat but I for got to ask how many beats...
it's so amazing to see everyone's pictures! the babies look like wee elves. we just had our first ultrasound this afternoon--the doctor wanted to check for gestation, since i had irregular periods this summer due to stress (finished my phd, got married, moved to another state, etc). ours is due may 5, which is what i thought. so excited!   
Well, new to mothering (we're about 7 weeks pregnant with our first!) and new to Ohio (we just moved here--in a college town between Cincinatti & Dayton). We came out here from Colorado & miss it so much--we had been living in a log cabin in the mountains!! Which was amazing. It feels weird to be in a new place & also to be pregnant--I feel really unfamiliar with "where anything is" here (including the doctor's office--I have my first appointment on September 30!)....