or Connect

Posts by persephassa

oh yes! one reason i'm so excited to drive again is yard sales! i love hunting for things. when i find great stuff, it stays in my head forever--like that i paid $1 each for three 1930s velvet dresses at a yard sale in minnesota :) i really love thrifting, too. i did a huge thrifting spree with my mom when i went to california for xmas--this baby has a lot of adorable clothes, some of which were only like 30 cents!   i read tarot :) i took a class on divination as...
bengkung rhoda, that one that has a red insert in the middle. it looks easier to lace up, since it has eyes and straps you slip through, like lacing a shoe--the tali one you have to tie in the middle, and the lilit one is like a mummy wrap. 
  Weeks/Days along: 35 weeks, 4 days   Appointments: april 3, prenatal + filling out paperwork at the birth center, last birth class that same night   Symptoms: same as usual   Food: i just poured boiling water (for RRL tea) all over my cereal, for some reason... i meant to put coconut milk on :( have really been loving arugala!  and kale chips... papaya smoothies...   Exercise: walk, yoga video, wii fit   Body changes and other milestones: my bras...
i think under loose dresses? i don't really wear pants very often. i got it from little tots store. they shipped it pretty quickly from singapore.
she's so precious :) love how cheerful & bright the hat onemoreontheway made is.
we'll probably do like forestmushroom, meals from simple ingredients on hand. i don't eat meat, so there isn't much point to freezing whole dinners.  we need to go to trader joe's and get some prepared food stuffs and snack things to have on hand. otherwise, i think we'll just have bean & cheese quesadillas, salads, avocado melt sandwiches and sweet potato fries, smoothies, pasta, pasta salad, tostadas, steamed brocoli & baked tofu w/ brown rice, pizza (i'll make dough &...
35 weeks, 3 days... on tuesday morning we have our 36 week prenatal appointment + filling out paperwork at the birth center. excited! i am not sure how many of my clothes are going to fit during april... lol. i'm going to be wearing tent dresses every day. i didn't buy any maternity clothes, except my husband got me some leggings & two shirts from the gap for xmas.  i am kind of worried about nursing clothes, tho--i don't wear pants, usually (i do have a few, tho!)...
i am going to try it! i got one of these malaysian belly wrap things, a bengkung: https://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=bengkung. it came in the mail a couple weeks ago... it's long & will probably take like 5 minutes or so to lace up, so that might be annoying, but it's soft & all cotton. i read people put their underwear on over it, so i will try that ;)
oh yes! i've taken the train from LA-Seattle and Denver-Los Angeles, as well as short trips. i dislike driving so much & haven't done it for years; it is nice to just gaze out the window and be able to get things done--i used to grade/knit/read/play nintendo DS when i took the bus from our cabin in the mountains into denver to teach/take classes for my phd. of course now i need to drive since we're having this baby and we live in a wee college town with zero public...
oh, i love to make things :) super fun.   i love horror movies.