or Connect

Posts by persephassa

Name: roxi Weeks/Days along: 33w4d Appointments: we went for an orientation at a birthing center this morning... have prenatal appt and birth class on tuesday. Symptoms: annoying to bend down/get up. we steam vacuumed the entire house  a couple days ago--now i am sure the carpet is clean! it is nice that it it is spring (daffodils and magnolias everywhere!) and warm and the house is cleaner than it has been. hopefully i can keep it up--i am going to try and...
wow, congratulations! how exciting. what a beautiful name you chose :)
maryam--i agree with cristeen, i was thinking of adding a border, too, if it doesn't stretch out how you want.   everyone's knits are so sweet. i wish i was better at it :) i started to make some wool soakers but got too confused--i am just going to use the wool to make dryer balls instead, haha.   my new project--i made a google doc with all the addresses i want to send birth announcements to (hopefully my mom can address them when she visits!). i'll probably...
awesome & beautiful family :)   what are some of your favorite things about ohio? (self indulgent question--i live there, too!)
my husband is excited but he's also really busy & stressed, so i've done most of the planning and put the nursery furniture together by myself. he thinks pregnancy is creepy and keeps saying he wishes i could lay an egg instead, hahaha i laugh so much it hurts ;) he says he would sit on the egg and help incubate it! like penguins.
sky, yr baby must be curled up like a nautilus!    & meredith, yr son is so sweet. you are so charming together :)   today, 32 weeks, 6 days...! i went for a walk, it's so pretty and lovely out! i feel hot though and it is only 76! i am dreading the heat this summer--we need some more box fans or something.  
what does "froggy"ing the legs mean? i've read this several times and i have a vague notion, but maybe someone could explain it...   i just have a moby & the ergo (thinking about getting the infant insert, might be useful for a plane trip we might take at the end of june). i've looked at some ring slings and the mei tai but i don't know if i need another $60-100 thing. maybe i will get one in the end tho if the moby is too hot--i do hope to wear baby a lot around the...
Name: roxi Weeks/Days along: 32 wks, 5ds Appointments: touring birth center this weekend, birth class tomorrow, etc. Symptoms: just feeling awkward; achy when i wake up or have to turn over in bed Food: almond butter & honey sandwiches, mango smoothies, tacos, indian food, etc. Exercise: walking, wii fit, yoga video Body changes and other milestones: basketball belly Thoughts: waiting for my rocker to be delivered :) i hope it is okay, we never saw it or...
i like dodi :) it reminds me of dodie smith--she wrote 101 dalmations and i capture the castle (so good!).
the last two appointments (currently i'm at 32 weeks) i've been measuring about 2 weeks behind. i'm not sure what this means, really; the midwife hasn't changed the due date or ordered an ultrasound or anything... so i am just wondering what people's experience has been--did you measure behind? when did you give birth and how close was it to your due date?   i am trying to sort out with my mom when she's going to come out (she lives in CA, we're in OH, and she has to...