or Connect

Posts by abbywest

This is a struggle of mine as well. As much as I am a champion for breastfeeding and breast milk, I know that infant feeding choice is not the end-all tell-all parenting decision.  I think being judgmental comes naturally to all of us, for me i need spiritual help to not be all judgey.  I also think if a mother is doing her best then I have no place to question her choices, and it hurts when people question and judge my own choices. That said, i do my best to be...
I agree with all the previous posters. I choose to co-sleep for the first year old my older son's life, and am co-sleeping with my new baby also.  With my first most of the mainstream info I got went against co-sleeping, the nurses at the hospital were down right bullies about it, but it was what felt right and made the most sense. I also did a bunch of research and found the same scientific info listed above, I was sold.  Do the research and search your heart, use your...
Very nice story, very beautifully written. Thank you for sharing!
Congratulations!
Wow, so amazing that you are there.  Hopefully your sister can turn her life around. It is possible.   Congratulations on this journey!
No advice, but sorry you are having a tough time!
Hello! My name is Abby and I am glad to be here.  I have not been a member of an online forum for a while and never one as large as this! I am mom to two boys, one 5 and one 8 months.
Well congratulations on all the excitement in your life! I am new around here also.
Thank you ladies.  It is surreal, because I know she is receiving excellent care.  But even when she went in for the induction, I don't think any of us realized how big a deal it was, and now she is really out of it, and it is just setting in how serious of a situation it is.  No one believes that she is in danger from the Mag, sorry if I came off snippy, I am not scared of the mag, I am grateful for it. I trust the medical community.  I am scared of the Pre-e.  That...
Hi. I am new to the site also. Just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy!