or Connect

Posts by E m i c h i e e

My friend who has PCOS was put on Metformin (she is NOT diabetic) to help her conceive. She got pregnant right away and is now 6 weeks pregnant and unsure weather she should stay on Metformin. Her doctors are undecided!! :( Does anyone know?   I would have guessed continue taking it not to cause any imbalances resulting into MC..  
Thanks everyone for the replies! :) Thats how I feel, I 'can' do thing but I don't feel great as soon as I only do a little more.   What are adhesions?   I went off meds after one week, I felt like I was recovering fast, but now it seems to be going slower.   I am 29, is that older already in terms of recovery? I think I might have overdone it. I was mostly at home but after one week resumed household chores,   and my son was clusterfeeding 24/7 which got me sore...
I had an emergency c-section because during a post term NST my sons heartbeat dropped to 50. They hurried but I was still cut horizontally. According to the doctor I was around 43 weeks and my placenta was old, my son showed many signs of a post term baby and it my charting so I don't think he lied.   Anyhow, it seemed I was recovering quickly, I had my IV taken out immediately (stupid thing), walked the same evening and was being active the weeks to follow (just...
Yeah, that's good, I will ask more questions. We decided not to vaccinate, some family took it well, but some think it is just plain crazy. And true, a lot of the time I just don't feel like explaining it or even arguing and I just try to brush them off. That's true, and I have said things like this. But a few times I added "yes he sleeps great, wakes every 2-4hrs to nurse just like a little clock and goes right back to sleep" ;) Or I casually tell people how happy he...
Thank you! I love your ideas! Will try that for sure. The first one made me laugh.  When they try to take him from me he is usually calm because I am holding him but sleepy or grouchy and I am working on comforting him or rocking him to sleep. I don't know why people don't let sleepy babies sleep...like 'oh well he can sleep later'....but he is on a schedule and gets grouchy if he misses his nap and has a hard time napping later.   Responding like this I am afraid of...
Thank you!   Those are some good responses. I will remember some of the phrases and try to use them.        @krystal323 Stepping up is easier said than done. I am usually not the kind of person to be quiet and just back down, however...we have been living with my inlaws because we will move overseas in December, and my husband has warned me they will take it as very rude. His family has this mentality, they are very stubborn and get offended easily...like they are allowed...
I was planning to ignore them, but I am getting really tired of them. Does anyone have good responses, for both...people liked and people not so liked and just plainly annoying?   My son is almost 3 mths and has been more fussy, probably because of growth spurts, learning new things, and maybe teething (he shows signs). He was always more "fussy", or how I like to say..."more in touch with his needs". His cues never get ignored, not even for a second, but relatives...
Same here, my son is 11weeks and needs to be held for all naps or at least be right next to me when he naps after nursing lying down. I figure it will get easier in the future *shrug*. Sometimes I can sit up if I place a sweater stuffed with blankets around him as if I was next to him and then use my netbook or knit...(I work from home)
  I don't think his gums are swollen, how can I tell? He wakes every 1-4 hrs, usually he will sleep 2 longer stretches and then wake more frequent for 10hrs all together.  I don't know if that is frequent for a 3 mth old, but I noticed that he is nursing more frequent during the day too, rather hourly than his usual 2 hrs or sometimes a bit longer.   Overactive letdown: I do have that :(, but it is weird because my flow is also slow. It is just never nice and steady...it...
On my husbands side of the family babys started teething early too. And his grandma was born with teeth! I hope he is not teething because he will bite off my nipple and I don't think I can nurse him without nipples :(     Which reminds me, he bites quite a lot. He bites down before he pulls off, so you always hear a loud plop. It is even hard to get him off pain free when I insert my finger in the side of his mouth...I wonder why he does that.