or Connect

Posts by mama24-7

I'm sorry for this mothers loss. I can't imagine the pain. This child was born with an immune issue, according to the article, since she did not have a spleen. Part of me wonders if she'd be advocating for making "educated choices," had her daughter had the ch pox vax & had a reaction? Also, I wonder if she believes her one-size-fits-all approach should apply to those who have known immune system issues? My questions for this woman would be: 1. Since vaccination is...
I wonder how much information you'd need on a decision you already made?   I am another one who has not had good responses from every doctor I dealt w/ on my children's lack of vaccination.  Only one of them was forceful on it (I'll continue to *try* to educate you!) and the other one in that practice was resigned to the fact that I'd made my decision, although he asked me at each well visit if I'd changed my mind (I left that practice when my 2nd child was 1 because I...
Hi gypsy & welcome to MDC.   I just wanted to ask about this and the answer isn't for me.  When I had my first child, a vaginal delivery, I asked my midwives how long I should wait before becoming pregnant again & they said 2 years.  I am not sure what books you are speaking of but where breastfeeding is the norm, babies are typically born every 3-4 years apart.  That's not the case in the Western world, for a variety of reasons.  So, you may want to look further into this...
There is a lot of confusion out there on all things gluten, allergies, sensitivities, celiac, etc.  Many years ago when my oldest, then 18 months old, appeared to suffer from cow milk allergy, I found the yahoo group foodlab very helpful.  They're very pro breastfeeding & there are a fair number of posts from parents (mostly moms) who need info/help on dealing w/ life w/ a food sensitive child.  The topic of handling things w/ school comes up often enough.   Depending on...
I've wanted to start a thread about this kind of thing.  It seems a popular MO to use name calling, threats & other cyberbullying behavior when one doesn't have a valid argument. It's quite prevalent in a lot of areas - here, promoting genital integrity, promoting normal infant feeding as opposed to "parental choice" in that arena & probably other places.     I'm on twitter where I spread information about genital integrity & work to dispel the myths.  There are people...
I take it your son is not retractable (which is normal for his age)? If not, then it sounds like your doctor doesn't know about the normal prepuce. The foreskin is fused to the glans until separation occurs sometime up until adulthood. Doctors who don't know about the normal penis often mistake this normal part of the penis as adhesions, which is what happens what the circumcised penis does when there's "left over" foreskin in attempt to heal itself thus creating...
Does what a researcher says change history? Maybe that explains why some parents believe vaccines can cause autism? Maybe your POV makes it difficult for you to understand? How many people/parents/children do you know who've had vaccine reactions?Sus
I don't know if it's happened yet, but looking on the bright side, he's not an infant & his foreskin may be separated from the glans, saving him that trauma, he will likely get pain meds which we know infants do not, one of his first experiences isn't that of being strapped to a board not knowing what is/will happen to him, he won't have a wound in a diaper w/ feces & urine, etc.  I'm sorry this will or did happen.  I'm glad though that there are differences & he won't...
OrmEmbar, I love you. Can we hang out some time?Back to your regular program.Sus
I think the only problem your son has is a foreskin-ignorant primary care doctor.  Since the vast majority of medical texts do not discuss the functions/purpose/normal development of the foreskin, this doctor has never learned it.   It is normal for the hole to appear very small.  If you watch him pee some time, you'll see that the stream is pretty wide.  The only time this is a problem in a newborn is when there is no urine output.  You said that's not the case.   The...