or Connect

Posts by TrumpetMom

Keeps their back covered; keeps them from taking diaper off (when they're older and figure it out - learned that one the hard way). Those are my main reasons. Once the child is older and learning to use the toilet (if you're not doing EC) onesies are a pain in the butt, though. Once I start toilet training them, they go out of traditional diapers (cloth or disposable, since we use both) and into some time of training pant or underwear and they get shirts instead. Some...
I'm hoping this belongs here... My DD#2 (baby #3) was dx'd FTT by my CNM at 4 weeks. I pumped and fed immediately until about 8 weeks when she seemed much better. Her pediatrician wasn't too concerned, as she was on the growth line, just a low percentile (DD#1 was FTT at four months and in 0 percentile, I had to supplement w/ formula and relactate; stopped nursing at 11 months). My son also stopped gaining at fiur months and I supplemented w/ formula. I'd like to avoid...
If it helps any, my 2 hospital births were 24+ hour not dilating past 6 cm. My HBA2C was less than 12 hours start to finish. My CNM never said anything about that. Good luck!
I seem to remember that the author of one of my VBAC books had a bicoronate uterus and her third was a VBA2C. Sh even had an inverted-T for her sencond incision , if I remember correctly. It was either in The VBAC Companion or Natural Childbirth After Cesarean. I would think that if you can keep your baby head down you should have no trouble with a VBA2C, all other things being equal (good BP, general health, etc.). I personally think that c/s JUST because baby is breech...
I feel your pain. We have Kaiser in Colorado. My first two babies were planned hospital births, my third was a homebirth (an HBA2C). Unless OP's Kaiser is different somehow, no they will not cover anything except a birth in their partner hospitals. (If you have to go to the ER that's a bit different.)
You arenot alone feeling badly about your c/s. Yes, it is OK. You DO, however, have a story. It's just mot the story you were wanting or hoping for. Tell it anyway. Cry about it. Let your emotions flow so you can work through it. I found journaling through my third pg helped me process both my c/s. I second finding a support group. The International Cesarean Awareness Network might be better than LLL. You shouldbe able to find a local group at www.ican-online.org It's...
I'm such a wuss I'm having trouble saying anyhing unless they are a really good friend. And then I really only feel comfortable doing it in person. The thing is, I've come to feel even more strongly about keeping boys intact now than when my son was born. I used to feel that if a person had a really strong religious conviction about circing that it was OK with me, but now I'm rethinking it. It makes me afraid to bring it up unless someone asks me about it specifically,...
I met a mom recently who has two circ'd boys and one intact. The second was horrible: he hemorraged. And they wouldn't let her nurse or see him for nearly four hours. There are risks to the procedure and children do sometimes bleed a lot. They even die sometimes. Scares the schiznit out of me to think of some of my friends whose boys are circ'd and how they could have lost their kid because of an unnecessary procedure.   Still, it's your decision. Best of luck in...
I just wanted to send hugs to all the mamas here in this thread. I so very sorry that you have had crappy experiences with your births, and I pray that each of you has found or will find the healing and support you need and deserve. My first two babies were c-sections, which left me emotionally and physically scarred, but I never really realized that there were moms whose experiences were so devestating that you don't want any more kids. I am also severely disappointed...
Yes, five years is a crazy exaggeration. 18 -24 months is generally considered best, though women have VBACed after less time. I had an HBA2C a month ago, and my son was only 18 months old.   My first was high-risk due to toxemia and pregnany induced hypertension, and I had no problems with #2. I was called "high-risk" by my HMO OBs because of a velamontous (marginal) cord insertion in the lower segment, but in the end the admitted that their real reason for...