or Connect

Posts by schoonersam

Coming into this conversation late -just joined the club- but..just so you know, I totally lived this. We moved to a new city where we had no friends (2 years later and it's still a little unfriendly here), bought a house at about 13 weeks, and got an 8 week old lab/border collie mix at 20 weeks. I knew it would be work, but had had a job for almost 20 years that prevented having a dog...I wasn't gonna wait any longer. And the truth is... The benefits far far outweighed...
LOL!!! Thanks for the comic relief. My (2y.o.)daughter's edging into this territory - seems to be regressive separation anxiety or something - and I'm already exhausted at the prospect of the "terrible 2's".
I have a 2-year old daughter who can be Jekyll & Hyde. She's so sweet much of the time, but often goes a mile a minute and definitely goes ballistic at many a meal time (we only use plastic bowls & plates &cups for her), upturning a finished meal, pounding on the table with utensils, etc. In her "meanie" moods, she doesn't turn her ire towards me, but can be mean to my parents and husband and say "no" or show them the hand or not let them help her, instead handing me a...
"motherease with cotton or hemp booset and wool cover" I use this with basically two boosters. A prefold can sub for one of the boosters and I make sure that the layer that touches DD's skin has the wicking fleecy fabric.  I have an Aristocrats wooly cover and and a Woolybottoms wooly cover and though they are a little stinky in the morning, there is no actual leakage and the lanolin in the wool eradicates the dampness and odor by midday.  I was them once every two weeks...
So I want to night-wean, mostly because we're trying to get knocked up again and I'm pretty sure the BFing is inhibiting that given that I haven't even gotten my period back yet. Even though the amount of BFing has decreased anwyay, I'm hoping that night-weaning will be enough to tip the scales in favor of fertility. Never mind that she's also gone back to a pretty rough overnight schedule that is definitely having an adverse effect on my health - physical and...
Hey P.J., I wish I had more info that could help you, but I found your thread looking for advice myself!  I'm actually trying ot night-wean now and my DD is only 15 months.  Mostly because we're trying to get knocked up again and I'm pretty sure the BFing is inhibiting that (given that I haven't even gotten my period back yet).  Anyway, we kind of have the opposite issue.  She still wakes up 2-4 times a night (which is also starting to have detrimental effects on my body...
My dd is 14 months and seems to be getting her molars in (a little out of order actually - she only has four on top and 2 on the bototm). Visually they came in fast - within a day went from being a tiny speck of white to almost the full outline (at least on the right side) with a deep red in between that almost looked like blood. Along with this she had: a mild fever, wicked drool - way more than she's ever had, light rash around her mouth (well, under her...
My dd is 14 months and seems to be getting her molars in (a little out of order actually - she only has four on top and 2 on the bototm).  Visually they came in fast - within a day went from being a tiny speck of white to almost the full outline (at least on the right side) with a deep red in between that almost looked like blood. Along with this she had: a mild fever, wicked drool - way more than she's ever had, light rash around her mouth (well, under her...
  So I have DEFINITELY heard that and experienced a little of it myself.  My DD (13.5 mo. old) has had those midnight romps from time to time but her issue is bedtime and getting her down without raging hysterics - she's super curious and has a lot of trouble letting go of the day.  We seem to have 2-3 days a month of it and we're in the middle of a stretch right now.  I am actually having the EXACT same feelings you are about really really not wanting to CIO. I have...
I'm kind of dealing with similar stuff only mine's walking/running.  I know a lot of folks use baby gates (they also have a freestanding gate thing that you can set up - my parents had that for me & my bro) to cordon off a safe space - I just close doors. But I also have a sacrificial drawer of harmless utensils (spatulas and wooden spoons, etc.) that I un-baby-proof when I need to do dishes.  That way she can get up to no good while I get the dishes done.  A full hamper...