or Connect

Posts by KeyboardCowgirl

^^^ is right AND so are you.  Your son is almost 2 - Even if you guys have only been living together a year or about that, that's half of your son's life. HOWEVER - Both of you are right.   If the child was 4 - he would have a better ability to understand action/consequence. At this stage of his life, however, he's still learning what words mean - and isn't quite able to grasp the larger consequence process. It's why they call the terrible twos just that.  At less...
No - no contact with his parents. I tried around Fathers day and my XMIL sent me this:     "Our family has been through so much tragedy and grief and when you took control of DD and DS last year you certainly added to it.  It has become more than we can bare at our ages."   My XFIL was more kind and only wants whats best for the kids, however he won't stand up to his wife. SHe's forbidden me from even picking up or dropping off the kids at her house. The reason...
Thanks!
I just met with a wonderful lady - here's her info: Dr. Pearl Elizabeth Pfuhl Ph.D. ( Pearl Pfuhl ) Mental Health - Laurel ... 10774 Hickory Ridge Rd , Columbia , MD - 21044 Phone: 410-992-7288
hooo boy do I remember this. I moved out - and started a new home.  can you imagine my surprise wehn i went to the grocery store adn realized that my "usual" shopping list was woefully inadequate?  :)   hang in there. You're going through an emotional time where you are trying to be at ease with yourself and you probably aren't used to being alone.   Find a hobby like reading or gardening, or something to that effect. Something whre you can just be with...
I know that's a kind of odd thing to say - but I do totally feel like this. I have 2 kids. GOOD kids. I don't just say that because I'm mom.  Both get good grades, do well in school, have good friends, and basically do what they are asked.  Minus the dumb kid stuff - rooms not clean, leaving a towel on the floor, waiting til the last possible minute to get chores done - they aren't bad kids.   My BF is great with them. He doesn't have his own children and has very...
Hi everyone!    New to the forum and popped in here to introduce myself.  I'm a mom of 2, a former stepmom, and a full time working mom (and going to school part time).   My kids are DD13 and DS8 and our family is myself, my BF, the kids and two furry creatures.    Been having a hard time trying to find a group that I can vent to about the issues with my ex, bf woes (nothing big on that end, just the daily "whiskers on the sink" sorta thing), and just good...