or Connect

Posts by ahdancesing

I want to make sure there is a post in this thread that is a strong advocate for babies having momma's last name...in case that is something you are considering.  I have a tough time understanding why we maintain the naming tradition (changing the woman's last name to match the man's last name & giving the children the father's last name).   My daughter has my last name. My friend's children have her last name. A local lawyer gave his children his wife's last...
Single holistic momma who gets no financial support & has no job...definitely need & want this :):)
I'm am *not* a Facebook person but this got me to actually go on Facebook...anything (well almost) for a fabulous Strider and my favorite Mothering site!!
Thank you for the recommendation.  I'm interested in gathering recommendations right now from all the fabulous mamas.  I don't want to limit to price, my vehicle or my child.
My daughter is 10 months old and needs a new car seat (she is currently in a used Britax that desperately needs to be replaced).  I want one that can be both front and rear facing.  I obviously want one that is highly rated in regard to safety (but isn't that pretty much all of them nowadays??!).   Anyone have any favorites?  I plan to purchase something this weekend.
My daughter pees so much at night that nothing was working...I was changing diapers, clothes & sheets multiple times a night :(   I was using reusable diapers and NOTHING was working so I had to think outside my "cloth" diaper mindset.  I found Honest diapers and my life has changed :)  No more night changes and no more pee in the bed.  The diapers are all natural.  Yes, they are "paper" diapers but they are worth it!  Since I only use them at night I don't purchase many.
Everyone thinks they know how to mother better than you & they like to let you know.  It's tiresome (& frustrating) to hear how you could be a better mother if you only did x, y or z.  Hang in there and be true to what you want/need.  Mothering is tough...but what's amazing about the tough times, they are gone almost as quickly as they come.  Before you know it, you won't be bf'ing as often...and you will (likely) miss it!  Do what you need to do so that you don't have...
Other questions I asked (in addition to the aforementioned):   *How is care handled for the baby after birth (in the days following)?  (Do they come to your house or do you need to schedule something w a ped after the birth?) *What types of births concern her? (ie some MWs are fine w shoulder dystocia, some aren't) *How many MWs will be at the birth?  (My hb MW group always takes 2 to a birth which was imp to me in case the birth took a long time or there was a...
When DD was born, pertussis was being passed from child to child in our neighborhood...and our house (the town where we live is one of the places in the US with the highest number of reported cases).  Two of the four children who live in our home had pertussis from the time DD was 2 weeks until she was 6 weeks old (btw the children who got pertussis were vax'd).  DD was fine...and still is fine.  She is breastfed and extremely healthy.  DD is now 6 months old and we have...
W/ my 1st and only I was 42.5 weeks when she finally decided to show.  My m/w stripped my membranes at 40 weeks...and nothing.  My DD was determined to arrive perfectly on her own timing...arrived on Christmas morning :):)  My m/w was not supportive in going over the 40 weeks so once I hit 41 weeks she started pushing for an u/s every few days (nervous b/c of all the medical backlash here for m/ws).  I resisted.  DD ended up being 7lbs, 8oz so the guesstimates by the u/s...