or Connect

Posts by rs11

Such as when, how to do it and provide a balanced diet, etc.   Now the background: My 6 month old daughter is formula fed. I know, I know, it's not the best, but she's adopted and that's the way things worked out. I wasn't able to induce lactation and over her life thus far we've been able to get enough donor breastmilk to feed her for less than two days.   To make matters worse, she's not on a very good formula. It turned out that she has a severe milk allergy, so all...
Hi. I've been sick and too busy to get back. I've been on this board for a while, but I took a break with everything going on.   I'm 30, married for 4.5 years, and we have one child, adopted this past summer at birth. It was a total surprise. We would never have been able to afford a private adoption through an agency, but we know (and love) the birthmother, and she decided she couldn't parent right now and asked us to take the baby. She's as much a part of our family as...
She doesn't have red hair anymore. It changed to deep blonde a couple of weeks ago. Just poof! Her eyebrows are starting to darken now. Her eyes are still bright blue, however, and I expect them to stay that way. :)
Please add me to the thread under new parents with babies. :)
  This picture is a couple of months old, but here she is. She has four teeth now and is doing her very, very best to crawl.
We use ECOS Free and Clear for our diapers with no problems. Just don't get the scented kind.
My wife has a milk allergy and we use both oat milk and almond milk, depending on the purpose. Neither one is great for drinking straight (though the oat milk is much better) but either can be used in recipes or for hot cocoa, etc. The oat milk is creamier and is more like regular milk. She likes to put it on cereal. I would keep almond milk around even without the allergy because it's a great way to thin out smoothies without boosting the calorie content too much (it only...
Thanks everyone. My health issues are improving now; I had surgery about two weeks ago, but I came pretty close to dying before they figured out what the problem was and how to solve it. I should be okay from here on out.   It's been a challenging few months. My wife got laid off not two weeks after we closed on the house we worked so hard to get. Two weeks after that I ended up in the hospital for the first time. I had to take time off from work on and off until the...
Some babies develop more serious reflux issues around 12 weeks or around 5 months. My dd's got worse around both these times. It's nothing to worry about as long as it's not constant and the baby is still gaining weight and not in pain. Other than that, it's a laundry issues.   The best thing we found to help with it is Mommy's Bliss gripe water.
I haven't been on here for a while. There have been a lot of reasons for that. I've had some major health issues, we've moved, and most importantly....drumroll. We have a little girl!   No, I still haven't succeeded in getting pregnant, and that's been put off for a while, but an adoption literally fell into our laps over the summer. We had to be *very* careful what we told people and put online for a while, because adopting as a lesbian couple in a Southern state is,...