or Connect

Posts by amandamae

Phew, no test needed. Period showed up this morning :)
Hello. I am a homeschooling Mama of a 6 year old and 2 year old on the sw side of Chicago (Evergreen Park). We used a waldorf curriculum last year but will probably be ecclectic this year. We are still trying to find our tribe. Any other Mamas nearby?
Since the birth of my son I have been very carefully logging my cycles (once my period came back around 15 months pp, he's 23 months now). My cycles tend to be very regular. I often have pretty intense pain during ovulation and cramping during my period. I also have very noticeable cervical mucus when I ovulate. This month I had almost no cervical mucus and no cramping at all. Now my period is a day late, which is rare for me. And I'm a little bit freaking out. We did...
When I was encouraging my daughter to wean I would offer a snack or a drink when she asked to nurse. That seemed to work pretty well. She weaned around 18 months. My son, on the other hand, is currently 23 months and nowhere near being ready to wean. I am sure that he would be hysterical if I denied him "me-moos." Maybe your little one just isn't ready? But if you ARE ready I would try offering a snack or some cuddles. Also, lately my son will come on my lap to nurse,...
I'm glad to hear that she is doing okay, and that you are too, relatively. I really feel for you, I can't imagine having hyperemesis and a baby at the same time. I'm not sure if you have tried it, but I have heard that milk thistle can help. I took it for months before attempting my second pregnancy and continued through the first trimester. I heard about it through another woman who had HG in one pregnancy but not in another. It might be worth a try. Good luck to you.
Is this your second pregnancy or do you have more children? I know that this is not the norm, but I had HG with my first pregnancy but not with my second. After having my daughter, I was terrified to get pregnant again, I waiting for 4 years to have another (which turned out to be a twin pregnancy). With my first pregnancy I had two hospital stays and took zofran, phenergran and reglan. I ended up on a zofran pump. With my second pregnancy I had mild nausea from 6 to 12...
My first child was a 34 week preemie and was a calm and happy baby. She had a nine day NICU stay, I was there every single day and for almost every feed. My youngest child was a 29 week preemie. He had a 5 week one day NICU stay. I had a 4 year old at home so I couldn't be there at all times. I was there every day but usually just for one or two feeds. He has been high needs and I wonder if it is due to his extended NICU stay. I guess I always kind of thought,...
I have a 34 weeker, who was a big preemie at 5 lbs 15 oz at birth, who has been at leat  in the 95th percentile for height and weight starting in infancy. She is now 6 years old and super tall for her age, almost 50 inches, I think.  I also have a 29 weeker, he was 3 lbs 6 oz at birth, he will be 2 next month and he just hit 22lbs. Such a difference between the two. He wears clothes now that she wore when she was 9 months old! And they were tight on her and are now...
Mamarhu, I love your story and it sounds great. I feel that I am just having trouble trusting that this will work. A friend said to me the other day as we were discussing her deschooling her 8 year old, " I think one of the hardest things is deschooling ourselves." And she is so right! I have the this idea ingrained in me that things need to go "this" way, that certain things need to be drilled into children: it's normal, everyone is doing it. It IS normal and almost...
Sorry, I'm so slow in responding. Again, Filly, I agree with you and I take absolutely no offense. I have often worried about my daughter not getting enough of me because my son is so communicative about his needs. I definitely try to involve him in what I can, it's tricky though because he is a bit ornery. He'll stick things in his mouth just because he knows he's not supposed to/ He still eats paint and crayons and all of that good stuff. He desperately wants to be...