or Connect

Posts by AnnaNotherThing

thanks ladies.   we're surprisingly unscathed.   Just popped back in to link to this, actually: http://gizmodo.com/5886870/the-first-fda+approved-home-sperm-count-test-is-now-available   Brand new FDA approved home sperm testing kits. Get em now from Walgreens!
Sorry for the wall of words. Skip over, it probably doesn't concern you. If you want to know about the flip side of working with a lovely, kind, available know donor, then read on.     Well, I have news. It's very complicated and confused but the core is that our lovely friend and known donor is not who he said he was. We won't be proceeding with this any further.   Yesterday evening instead of having a productive conversation with S about how the two of...
hi all.   Sorry I've been absent for so many days. It's been a rough week here.   I have lots of news and no news. We have our first real issues with our KD who has cut all lines of communication for 4 days since he and DW had an emotional disagreement on Saturday morning. Stuff has been building up between them for a while and they were both avoiding it, so of course it grew and grew and threw up ugly emotional garbage all over them both at the...
hopeful22- also, I did a double take looking at your avatar pic just now. It really looks like an ultrasound to me! Before I read your post my mind went 'holy s#$t that was fast! how did that happen??!'... 
nosreves- glad your heartburn is bothering you less. My fingers are so very very crossed for you both.  It sounds like the timing for both of your insems was great. And it sounds like you're both in for an interesting 2 weeks together  (and yes, I would totally laugh if you both got pregnant. Not in a nasty way, but definitely in a 'I'd love to be a fly on THAT wall for the next 9 months' way  )   Carmen- i'm thinking of you today, too.    Allison- gah,...
invitn- that new gyn sounds awesome! I wish they were all that much fun!  Who knew that meeting gynecologists could make one's day and inspire high-fives!       nosreves-  hope your trip to Belgium went well and you ladies are now both 'en cloque'       Allison- it's nice when bodies suddenly decide to follow the instructions on the websites, isn't it?  So much easier and clearer. My fingers are crossed for you guys! PoCo needs more gay...
carmen- I really empathise. Knowing one way or the other would help a lot, I imagine. Being able to move on, move forward in whatever direction has got to be better than being in limbo...   I hope you and your partner find the love again. Fighting is never fun. We had a rough weekend like that last week, and it's horrible. We rarely argue and hardly ever have actual fights, so when we do it just feels awful. We usually make up pretty quickly, but after last...
I would like to chime in regarding when to tell children about these private family matters.    I believe the earlier you tell children about these things the better. Secrets, no matter how well intentioned, are a bad, bad thing. And kids always know that there's something not quite right. It reminds me of the many studies done with children who are adopted (and not told until they were 'older'), children conceived using donor eggs or sperm (and not told until...
outdoorsy- a heated water bed huh? wow. fancy! Here I was picturing you on a camp bed, lighting a fire to make your morning coffee- from your name n'all. Although, thinking about it, I imagine they're all heated. Who would want to sleep on a bag of cool water?   I have no factual info, but I believe the way temping works is 'comparative'. So as long as you always sleep on the heated water bed and the bed is always set to the same temperature your charts should show...
happycalm- congrats on your first DIY insemination.  It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun with it. It sounds like your timing might have worked out anyway...    midwifesteph- I'd be interested to hear how your negotiations with the clinic go regarding accepting a known donor as a 'sexually intimate partner'. I've also been thinking about this for the past few weeks as we've been using fresh sperm for 3 months now and I am beginning to wonder what exactly...