or Connect

Posts by bunny's mama

I joined before the crash when MDC was so very different. I was just getting used to being a SAHM and also getting used to this amazing thing called the internet ( ; My baby is turning 13 years old tomorrow. I can hardly believe it. I do come back sometimes to ask questions or give support, but mostly I don't have the time I used to for posting.
another mom of a 12 year old girl here....   So I was totally against all kinds of video games, until we went to a friend's house and played a dancing game on their Wii. It was SO MUCH FUN!! we played it for hours (adults AND kids) and the kids were arguing over who got to go next. by the end, all of us were sweaty and breathing hard. what a great workout! i'm very tempted to get one for our house just for the dancing games. they are amazing and really fun.   I agree...
i'm a therapist and I agree that there is likely some bad stuff going on in this kid's life. at 11, she should have some better boundaries.   that said, mama...it is NOT your responsibility to "save" this kid. in the ideal situation, she'd be a good friend to your dd and a generally well-behaved, boundary-respecting kid. in that case, i'd say, go ahead and have her over as long as you can stand to have an extra kid in your house (ITA that sometimes you just want your own...
adding my .02. my dd who is about to turn (!!!) 13 years old this month nursed just like your baby and I remember it like it was yesterday, partly because it was so hard for me.   here's two things i wish someone had said to me then:   1) follow your own instincts (the voice in your head that comes from your own heart-center and sounds like YOU, not your well-meaning  mom, MIL, husband, sister, grandma, or lady on the street)   2) everything with babies passes,...
Viola, yes, Accutane is still on the market. Our dermatologist uses it only as a last resort. 2 different kinds of tetracycline antibiotics plus topicals have not worked for dd. They treat it like a very serious thing...she would have to have blood tests every month or so to check her liver function and they also have a special program for child-bearing aged women to educate them about not getting pg while on the drug (that's obviously not an issue for my dd at 13 yo...at...
I searched this forum and can't believe there's nothing about acne here! I could really use some feedback from those of you who either had acne as a teen yourself or have successfully outsmarted acne with your teen. Please tell me what you used.   My dd is 13 and has had increasingly severe acne on her face, chest and back starting at about age 10. We are natural/alternative health people, so we first tried homeopathy, which has been so effective for our whole family for...
Hi all,   Our DD is becoming a bat mitzvah in a few months and I'm preparing the invitations this week. I've been wanting to put together a short info sheet to include with invites for our non-Jewish friends, many of whom have no idea what it means to be Jewish, let alone to become a bat mitzvah. DD has a friend whose mom sent out something similar, but much briefer, and I want ours to be a bit engaging/funny, etc. So here's what I have so far, but please, I'd love...
Hi all. I just saw this today posted on a genealogy list I'm on. I went to the facebook page and read it in tears. This man is in his 80s and was separated from his twin brother at about age 5 after the liberation of Auschwitz. He has been searching for him & I just so want them to have a miracle and find each other. You can see in the photos of his brother when he was a child and the man in his 80s today how similar they look and it just breaks my heart. I know its a...
IMed ya ( ;
Just dug my two old Hypnobirthing audio tapes out of my drawer. Any pregnant or soon-to-be pregnant mamas have a tape deck and want these? I have Rainbow Relaxation and Birthing Affirmations. Free to a good home.   p.s. I had my 8 lb. 11 oz. ds at home using Hypnobirthing and I still use it for medical procedures and other stressful events. This really works!   Free for shipping or pick up in SF Bay Area.