or Connect

Posts by bunny's mama

poor tired mama! sounds like the transition back to work has been a challenge for all of you. IMO, your dd's clinginess and general preference for mama when you're around is just her way of saying "hey! what happened to the way things were? where'd you go, mama? i miss you!" which is a natural and valid way for her to feel, right? but when it comes to nighttime, i hear you clearly saying that you need to get some sleep or it'll be zombie-town for you at work (and at...
i put never, since i honestly can;t remember ever being hit by either of my kids (i've got 2, ages 5 and 7). although like some of the PPs, my dd (the oldest) sometimes hits her brother in anger. we're working really hard on helping her use words to express her frustration with him. and i have to give her some credit because she doesn;t *always* hit him and he is often rather frustrating (coming into her room uninvited, taking toys, & generally being a very pesky...
it does indeed smell like chocolate cookies. my kids love the cocoa butter lip gloss i carry around. i always always call poison control if my kids injest any non-food item (especially in great quantities). it doesn't hurts to call (and it's free) and they always set my mind at ease (my 4.5 yo ds sprayed some of that natural orange essential oil room spray in his mouth a few weeks ago...argh!!! it burns!!!!!!!!!!)
neither of my kids slept more than a 3 hour stretch at night (and 3 hours was heaven, with dd is was mostly every hour) until we nightweaned them using the jay gordon method that a PP linked to. sleep is a health and sanity issue for me, i just wasn't functioning well at all on what i was gettng (afraid i'd get in a car accident just about every day) and i couldn't just sleep thru the nursing. so for us, nightweaning was the only way to go. we did it at 1 year with...
oooooh, this is my all time favorite movie! it was filmed all around where we live, which makes it even more fun searching for little things about the bay area as they drive by (love the scene at the sutro baths). i have always wondered about the scene where they (H & M) are sitting outside together, the one where he gives her a ring and she throws it to the ocean ("now i'll always know where it is!") and there's a split second where H looks down and sees concentration...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering Okay, I'm going to give it a go. The salvaging, I mean. Because I'm stubborn... and don't have anywhere to bury it! But this is one of those (many!) occasions in which my delicate condition will require the help of my husband... I can foresee it. I do have scads of newspaper, and a surprising quantity of egg cartons. Leaves will be trickier--it's spring here, not autumn! be sure to SHRED the...
i've had incredible luck with laying that black weed blocker fabric. it takes a lot of time, and can cost a bit to buy so much of it, but i've found it to be the only thing that works. i lvie near the ocean and the salt air seems to make weeds grow like mad. before i put out the landscaping fabric, i was out there every weekend pulling and pulling weeds for hours to no avail. now i hardly see any and just pull them up one by one as they occur. you'll have to dig out...
Quote: Originally Posted by pjabslenz I'm glad to know other people do this too. I live in on a military installation in a newly built housing area so I've been taking bagged leaves from the older housing areas. I swear the neighbors think I'm loopy. When I tell them it's for my compost bin, they are genuinely interested but it's always interesting if I'm caught snatching a bag of leaves or grass. HA! you should have seen the looks on...
oh my goodness. i can only imagien how that thing smells. yech. first of all...STOP ADDING TO IT!!! : and yea, you gotta have the browns in there or it just won't work. egg cartons and empty TP/paper towel rolls are also browns! and you can go around the neighborhood coollecting leaves if you have to. i say bury it.
i taught dd how to tie her shoes and how to ride a bike without training wheels in the summer between K and 1st grade. the funny thing was, with both learing experiences, it took ALL SUMMER LONG and then one day she just got it. just like that! i've never heard of learning to tie shoes in school. i was in kindie in 1975-76 and i went to hippie school where we fed chickens, rode horses, etc., but we never learned to tie our shoes. my grandma taught me and my cousins,...