or Connect

Posts by bunny's mama

((((((hugs))))) i'm a therapist who specializes in treating moms with PPD and also PTSD (not just birth related). please know that you are not alone, and you will get through this. chances of PPD increase with the number of difficult experiences you have, and it looks like you have so many right now, it's no wonder you're feeling so awful. have you ever heard of EMDR? it is a wonderful therapy that works well in situations like yours. it would help to clear the...
1) hypnobirthing. it really does work. 2) waterbirth if you can. i have no idea how i could have given birth to a 9 lb. baby without being in water. the pain soothing elements and the way my perenium was stretched slowly as he came out was wonderful. when my MW came to check on me the day after the birth, she said that my yoni looked like it hadn;t just passed a baby. there were no tears and not even a skid mark (and my big boy came out with nucal elbow and nucal...
Quote: Originally Posted by emilyrose Thanks for the advice... I am wondering if anyone knows about any written material that deals specifically with letting your emotions out and that it is ok (ie, that kids don't have to be happy all the time!) I think that approach might work with my MIL... molly bang has a great book called "when sophie gets angry, really really angry" and jamie lee curtis's books are wonderful..."today i feel silly...
aside from the PPs great suggestions of being direct and open with the ILs regarding your feelings on the matter (actually, i'd put my dh up to that, as i'm not entirely comfortable, even after 11 years of marriage, with confronting his parents. we sort of each take responsibility for "dealing" with our own families of origin). i would also have a conversation with the kids about grandma and grandpa and how they "do things differently at their house" or how thay "have...
oooooh, mama. BIG hug for you. my dd is now 6 yo and my ds is 3.5, but i wish i could dig up the post i made here when ds was newborn and my sweet little 2.5 yo dd was like the demon child from hell. she also did the potty stuff, really used it as a thing to get my attention away from the baby and it drove me CRAZY!! (edited to add link to my post form 2003: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=62004 ) you will get thru this (and so will your big kid)....
I've had generally good luck with craigslist and have actually met some really wonderful folks that way (i found a doula for my good friend when i sold an old bike to a really sweet woman who turned out to be a doula). but i've never offerred to deliver anything, so that in case they change their mind when they see the item in person, i'm not out the effort. that was really nice of you to do that though, and it sucks they changed their minds.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tracy ah...... i was off campus... all my friends were anacapa hall...sigh. Dh was an RA at Anacapa (altho we called it Anna-crappa because it was in such bad shape when we were there ). I think that was 1992-93. Ugh, just the thought of sleeping on a mattress that is god knows how many years old and has been puked on by god knows how many people in those years just kills me.
thanks y'all. claras mom is gonna be my angel and take some pics for me. : yea, i think he'll really like it. BTW: anyone else who's interested in doing the same kind of thing, they have a great program at shutterfly.com where you just upload your digital pics and you can arrange them anyway you like with captions into a scrapbook. it's pretty reasonably priced, too. littleaugustbaby, ah yes, halloween in I.V. was quite the wild time. : (do they have a...
First let me out myself as Jewish right from the start, so that y'all know I'm pretty ignorant about the emotional connectedness of folks to having Xmas presents. And please let me say that I in no way mean to be snarky, I'm truly wanting to know. But this is just something I have never understood. If a family is in such dire finanacial straits that paying the mortgage and bills is a stretch, WHY spend a lot of money (or any money at all) on presents at Christmas?...
OMG, i'm DROOLING over that.