or Connect

Posts by BinkieFinder

I keep mine home if they have something that is highly contagious to others (pink eye, stomach flu, sore throat and fever, etc) or if they're so ill that I don't think they're going to get much out of going to school.  I also keep them home if I feel that sending them will cause their illness to worsen, such as if they have the beginning of bronchitis.  It seems as though they miss at least 12 days a year - which I think is a lot.  However, they've never fallen behind...
My 24 month old doesn't really call them anything.  She just says "nurse."  However, if I'm taking too long to nurse her, she's happily (and loudly) ask, "Where are you pink?  There it is!"  It doesn't bug me at home, but it's extremely embarrassing in public!
I suppose that I shouldn't say my son's school disagrees with his diagnoses - it's the school counselor.  She based the results after having my son's teacher fill out a questionnaire.   A little back story:  My son has a family history of autism.  When he began to show some tendencies, I initially tried to tell myself that he was just going through a phase.  The thought of him going through a possible lifetime of challenges freaked me out.  When I finally came to...
My husband and I have kind of considered becoming foster parents for a few years, but since a lot of things were still kind of "up in the air" we decided to wait until our lives were more stable.  We're becoming more serious about it now and have been discussing it quite a bit.  I just wanted to get a few opinions and thoughts from people who are foster parents.   My first concern is - how difficult is it when a child who is placed with you has to leave your home? ...
I don't really buy fast food anymore.  The ones near me really kind of suck.  However, I do love getting those precooked rotisserie chickens from the grocery store.  I keep disposable utensils and plates in the car, just so we can have it.  I usually also grab string cheese and bananas to kind of balance the meal out a little.
My 22 month old is pretty messy.  :)  My other two children were fairly messy as toddlers as well, but my youngest definitely likes to explore.  I have a giant playroom for her and the rest of the house is baby-proof.  She is pretty cute though.  Just yesterday she noticed that the cookie she was eating was soft, so she mashed it apart.  Once it was mashed into a pile of crumbs, she happily wiped it onto the floor.  Then she looked into her hands and began to cry that...
All three of my labors were induced with pitocin, so I'm not sure if that maybe made any of my labors progress more rapidly than if I had gone into labor naturally.   My first one (42 weeks) was 4.5 hours with 14 minutes of pushing.  The transition period lasted 2 hours though.    My 2nd labor (exactly 40 weeks) lasted for 90 minutes with 4 minutes of pushing.   My 3rd (36 weeks) took 3.5 hours and I didn't push at all.  It was kind of funny because I told my...
Wow - thanks everyone.  It does help to hear that her while this specific behavior of hers is cruel - that it is normal.  I'm relieved to hear that.  There's quite a bit of advice here that I'm eager to use.   Lynn - There aren't any of those workshops near me, but I'm going to look into finding out if there are any similar ones.    
If I'm able, I'll take a hot shower using soaps scented with essential oils (Purple Prairie Botanicals are my favorite.)  I also love to burn incense and play music.  I also enjoy yoga, but I don't have a lot of time to devote to it anymore.  It's not over-the-top pampering or anything, but it does help me a lot.   Cheshire - I am so sorry to hear about your baby.  :(
I haven't read this entire thread, but I cannot believe what happened to your poor daughter.  The fact that the school didn't even let you know is so disgusting that there aren't even words for it.  Your daughter was sexually assaulted.  I would get the police involved.  I know that you may be worried about freaking your daughter out right now - but this boy has to stop before he progresses.  She may seem to be handling it well from the outside, but kids are notorious...