or Connect

Posts by zannster

I don't think it's soupy. It's often not much more than a smear on her underwear though. I wonder if sometimes she starts and then forces it to stop. It also seems really dark, which concerns me a little.   True, we haven't been doing this long. My son was four when he PT, and he got it almost immediately, so this mess is just frustrating. Bleh.
So how are your poop-resistant little girls doing? What ended up working the best?   I'm in a similar scenario with my nearly 3 year old. We started potty training about two weeks ago, entirely with underwear. She's probably 75-80% there with regards to peeing (no wet underwear for two days now!). She managed to have two successful poops in the potty, but it didn't get us "over the hurdle" either. Most of the time, she doesn't seem to notice when she has to go. She's...
I've been trying to keep it at 65 degrees all the time. As it gets colder, certain parts of our house don't stay as warm (remodeling, poor insulation), and I may sometimes bump it up to 68 or so.
My first started nursing in bed at about a week (which was a couple of days after we got home from the c/s hospital stay). I was DD so not huge but not small either. DS would not stay asleep on his own at all, so this grew out of necessity. When he was asleep in my arm, I carried him - still latched on - to bed and went to sleep with him. At first, I think his head was sort of on my arm/shoulder, but I moved him down a little, and he was fine with that. It didn't take long...
Thanks. That may be true about nursing on the unsore side first. I have been nursing her on the sore side first when she goes to sleep, because she usually stays awake long enough to nurse on both sides and then sucks longer on the second side.    Yesterday, nursing was still very painful, but it seemed a little more bearable this morning, so I'm hoping that this problem is on its way out!
Hmm. The white spot that I saw earlier could have been a blister, but I don't see anything like that now. It looks normal to me .
I am currently nursing my 16 month old. About six days ago, I developed a sore, lumpy area and overall breast soreness - which I assumed to be a plugged duct. There was no indication that it was mastitis. I continued to nurse DD. Pain was moderate but bearable (and better after nursing). There was moderate nipple pain as well, but also bearable. Within a day and a half, the hard spot disappeared, and it looked as if we were done.   BUT...the nipple pain has gotten...
I moved to Seattle (actually just north of the city) last September from the Midwest.   There are a lot of evergreen trees in this area - moreso then Seattle proper, I think. And I don't like them. They block out what little sun we get here for most of the day. We're renting our house, and when I look for another place (assuming we stay here), I will look for something with fewer tall trees. I know people who talk about all the green here (and the green grass rather...

I couldn't do the apartment. No way. I lived in an apartment when DS was little, and I hated not being able to let him outside. We did have a ground floor unit with the door to outside, but it was near a busy street and risky. Now I have two children, so I wouldn't go back to that. DH has nearly an hour commute by bus. He hates it. Unfortunately, our location doesn't translate into a HUGE yard, but it's bigger than that in the city proper. DH would rather get a house in...