or Connect

Posts by Chrisa

This is really frightening, especially since the youngest babies are at the most risk. I'm considering not having any visitors for the baby's first couple of months, but how do I keep the ILs out without causing a family strife?
He's so precious, Dandyez. And what wonderful news that he's breathing on his own!!!  Did he get steroid shots before birth?
I had several ultrasounds so far, because I'm high-risk. That said, I've only had about 1/4 of the scans they would have liked me to have. Had I had a normal pregnancy I would have refused U/S..
I bought a swaddler - was purchasing something else from Amazon, and decided to throw that in my cart in order to get the free shipping.   Very happy to have passed the 26 week mark. I'm on bed rest, and at risk for PTL, so it's a huge milestone to have made it so far.
Congratulations, and my best wishes of health and wellness for your little one!
You are right, it doesn't: studies have shown that the baby's position relative to the placenta doesn't matter. Gravity doesn't affect the placenta to baby blood transfer, it's not a cannula. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=t5CelB63QR8&NR=1
Does anyone have a personal experience? I didn't even know it was possible, let alone that most babies do that naturally. It's not how we imagined our first hour with the newborn, but would be willing to adjust if this technique is worth it! http://breastcrawl.org/video.shtml
I'm neither, just sharing my experience. I've been using an inversion machine almost daily for 30+ minutes at a time, and my baby has remained head down since 19 wks (I'm now 24).
Thank you for the tips, they're appreciated. I didn't mean to complain when I know how many women have nausea throughout the pregnancy. I was surprised that mine is much worse now than it was in the first trimester.
I had an easy 1st trimester in terms of morning sickness, only a little bit of nausea around week 10. For the past few weeks, I've had bad nausea daily about an hour after breakfast, and today I vomited for the first time in my life while pregnant. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat (milk and cereal - carbs; or eggs and bacon - protein). Did anyone experience morning sickness persisting or getting worse after the first trimester? I thought it was supposed to be the...