or Connect

Posts by sweetBBkendall

Me I clean out dds closets, taking out what she's outgrown. I wouldn't want him doing this anyway ;-) I vaccume, sweep, & mop floors I pick up all toys and put away Dust sometimes, do the dishes Cook, clean Take care of aquarium Laundry Get dds bag ready if we are going anywhere Dress dd if we go anywhere   He Set up the automatic monthly bill payments Will do laundry sometimes Cook even less (since I've had the baby) He takes care of cat...
I was a SAHM and breastfed dd for a year. After about three months my supply went from abundant to non-existant, mostly because fiance kept warming up bottles and then not needing them :-/ so... I ended up not having any. I was going to school in town at the time and I would just come home and feed her as needed. By the end of that summer dd wouldn't take a bottle. We tried different nipples and she didn't like any of the ones we tried. We eventually figured out she...
Do you have a hobby? Something you can loose yourself in? It sounds like you have lots of outlets but are still unhappy and bored. Really putting yourself into something could help give you a sense of accomplishment and take your mind off the doldrums. I understand how hard being a SAHM is. My lo is 2 now and I also didn't work the whole time I was pregnant. No matter whether you have 2 kids or 20, it can still be mind numbing. I've recently started meditating and...
I still like to dress 'normal' during the week unless I have been sick or otherwise don't feel well. To me a comfy pair of jeans doesn't feel that much different than a pair of sweats but it feels like I've made much more of an effort for some reason. I am really liking the skinny jeans because they look great with flats(about all I wear) and they are about the only kind of pant you want to wear with boots in the winter. I have lost all my weight (don't hate me) but I've...
If you still want to use disposable wipes, an easier and more economical solution would be to buy flushable wipes (available in the TP isle). These work great because you can just let them drop right in the toilet with everything else.
Hopefully you will find the grants you need. If not, I am a big believer in online school. I know you said you don't like it and it may not be the easiest but it is a great way to get to your goal. Once you graduate and find a job you won't have to worry about your whole paycheck going to daycare. I know you want out of the house, I'm right there too, but you do what you can and you have five kids! This shouldn't mean that you can't accomplish your long term goals but it...
Ok, I feel a bit odd posting this here because I unfortunatley did not fall truly madly deeply for wool covers. In fact, we have not used those covers (we had purchased for nighttime) in maybe a year. There still remains a burning question, however, one that I was hoping you of all people could maybe shed some light on. I noticed in the above post one mamma stated she always uses fitteds under her wool -longies I think it was... I tried using mild baby soap (with...
Don't have much to add to the other posts (or at least the first few ;-). I just want to say i think you should really reconcider getting some much needed alone time. I say this because I believe it to not only be beneficial to you but also to your son and dh as well.   If you still don't want to go that route then I might suggest you try new things to distract your ds while you are cooking etc. around the house and maybe to take him out to the mall if he sleeps well in...
We've also gotten into show series together like mad men and old SNL's on the netflix que. We do that, or I fix a big meal and we all eat at the table together or bf, dd and I get on our bed turn on the ipod and dance our sillies out :-) I find this just as helpful or more than just being me & him. If he isn't asleep by 7:30 that is...
I see this post was written a while ago but I was just so happy to come upon it and be able to tell my story. I too watched documentaries, read books and articles about the over-medicalized births in this country. I saw the high infant mortality numbers in the US compared to other countries and decided I was going to bring my baby into the world in the "best" possible way. I chose a home water birth when I was at about 7months. My midwife, Marlene, wasn't inexperienced...