or Connect

Posts by choochootwo

Yes, it looks like a tie. My son had an upper tie and it ripped. We just had his tongue tie removed with a laser this previous Friday. There's an awesome tongue tie support group on facebook that has tons of photos, advice, and expertise. It's called Tongue Tie Babies Support Group and has over 700 members. I have found the ladies there to be invaluable. In fact, just picked up some homeopathic remedies for his discomfort today per their advice and he's sleeping...
His on a pretty strict natural protocol right now ( including a 36% Xylitol toothpaste ). You can see it under the dental forum.    He had several risk factors for cavities :    Poorly formed enamel from a Vitamin D3 deficiency I had pregnant Me being on antibiotics while pregnant Me having active cavities Him being born via c-section He had a leaky gut ( cold not absorb vitamins ) Significant Upper Lip Tie  Open Mouth Breathing While Asleep   I...
Thank you for your advice. That's what I struggle with : setting boundaries when it comes to nursing and understanding it doesn't traumatize him.    He still sleeps with my husband, so he doesn't fall asleep at the breast at night time. I've slept in the bed once in 3 months and it took him a couple of hours to realize I was there and then he was on it all night long.  But I always do nurse him to sleep for nap time. I'll forge ahead with snuggling to take a nap. 
Thank you!!! I JUST posted about being frustrated. I have some EPO here and will give it a try. Cycle returned three weeks ago.
I agree with Redmom 100%.    We went through the same thing with our little boy and his pediatrician encouraged us to start solids when he was almost 6 months old and he had shown interest in food for at least two months, had been sitting since he was 17 weeks old, and was all over the place on his exersaucer, but solids were a nightmare for us nonetheless. He was 6lbs 13 ounces at birth. He clearly wasn't ready and in our case, it did some damage to his gut that we...
I would offer a different perspective on this as our son has been through lots of issues with solids. Meat is easier for little ones to digest, usually. Raw and some cooked vegetables and fruits are harder as small children usually don't have the digestive enzymes to digest them. I would put spinach as a probable culprit. If your child has an issue with gluten, there may very well be an issue with grains..keep an eye on that..given your experience with oatmeal. I second...
I'm looking for some sound advice from experienced moms.    We have a little boy who's going to be 2 years old in 2 weeks and I've enjoyed our breastfeeding relationship immensely. He was breastfed on demand day and night until he was 20 months old and we had a family bed. When he was 20 months old we learned he had Early Childhood Cavities (7) and a tight upper frenum. The tight upper frenum was playing a big role in the decay, any type of food or liquid cannot wash...
Hi tillymonster,      Sorry to hear about your challenges but happy you're being proactive about it. Yes, yellowing can be a sign of decay. Oftentimes it starts out white and can easily go on noticed. As decalcification starts and decay sets in it can change to a yellowish buttery color, then to brown. Yellow can also just be plaque. How did they give the exam? Was she sitting on your lap, or did they do the knee to knee approach?    Our little boy will be two...
I don't know about extraction, but you may to contact Dr. Kotlow in NY. He uses lasers, negating the use for GA. Laser create a pain-free or almost pain environment for a child. He's outspoken about being against GA for little ones in his office. No one in his office is ever put to sleep. We were going to use him for frenectomy for our son because of this. Our son's upper decay is caused by his lip tie. We were going to make a 12 hours trip to get it done just to avoid...
Try Dr. Kotlow   http://www.kiddsteeth.com/