or Connect

Posts by choochootwo

Congratulations!    I'm a SAHM and we try to be very frugal. Here are some thing's we've done :   1.Changed our auto insurance company. We shopped around and discovered we were paying way too much money.  2.I no longer have a cell phone and I don't miss it at all. My husband has a work cell, so it works out just fine. 3.No cable. I don't miss that either.  4.We have internet but we use magic jack as a phone service. It cost us $39.00 for the first year and...
Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate it. I've felt like such a loser being so tired. It's an awesome day when I get to actually take a shower and (gasp) shave both of my legs.    Right now I'm taking fermented cod liver oil, butter oil, and I drink about 6-8 cups of raw milk daily, so lots of D and A. It does seem to help. I'll admit to only taking my prenatal vitamins a handful of times, I'm sure if I took them or started a B complex it would probably...
Your mother sounds similar to my mom in several ways but not all. I've developed a theory about my mom and maybe it will help you.    My mother was not an involved mother. I think she was in the beginning, but she bailed on us when I was five and reentered when I was about 10, then bailed again later. It's difficult for her to understand why we breastfeed for so long ( my LO is 15 months old and she's hinted at him weaning ) and she definitely doesn't support us...
I feel like such a complete loser posting this. There are so many parents out there that have multiple children and here I am struggling with one.    I'm 34 years old and stay at home during the week with a a wonderful 15 month old boy. My husband typically works from 6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. I do all the housework during the week ( no dishwasher ) and most on the weekends, although hubby cleans some on Saturdays when I work.   My son is extremely active, like a...
Thanks1love4ever :   Right now he's on Nature'sWay L. Reuteri. 
Thanks Deir,    He's my first so I tend to get a little paranoid. My neighbor is an awesome lady who has three kids. one is a toddler, the other is in elementary school and her oldest just started middle school. Unfortunately she didn't have the support in place nor the education to understand the benefits of breastfeeding. She say if she has another, she definitely will. But, her three littles are constantly sick. The youngest has a constant runny nose and every...
We received his results today, he's no longer anemic thanks to eating more meat and his iron supplement, but his Thyroid Level is .586. Nurse says normal is .700 - 6.40. Retest in 5 weeks. She said it could be nothing, the kind of day he had ( he was ill ), or a lab error.    Has anyone else experienced this? Can thyroid levels fluctuate? 
My son had croup when he was almost a year old. It started as a running nose and some sneezing. I didn't think much of it because he seemed fine during the day, but his symptoms always were worse in the evening. After two-three days he developed a barking cough and a crazy runny nose. I took him to the doctor and they promptly diagnosed him with croup and also prescribed a steroid. What I've heard from other moms is that croup seems to get much worse in the evening (...
Background I feel is important :    While 13 weeks pregnant with my son I became very ill while visiting family in Mexico, probably ecoli. I was put on an antibiotic, anti-amoeba and an anti-parisitic, I believe. I didn't take the full course because I worried about the effect on baby.    He was breech and born via c-section   He was diagnosed with reflux around 10 weeks of age and prescribed Zantac, I later switched to a probiotic with great...