or Connect

Posts by choochootwo

Hi Everyone!    I don't have lots to lose anymore, but I have lost lots for a total of about 80 pounds. I have about 10 more left. Attila the Honey, that is awesome!    I lost some of my weight when I got a job as a landscaper several years ago ( I'm a  SAHM now ) and lost the rest by following the Weston A. Price plan. It's been awesome. I've always struggled when it comes to giving up grains. Whenever I would try and give up bread the sugar/starch cravings...
Hi Mama 24-7,    Thanks for your reply and I can totally relate to your user name. His appointment went well. He has 7 cavities, all moderate decay and 2 teeth with dalcification and he also has a significant lip tie. I think that leaves one tooth untouched. We went to holistic dentist and he was awesome. He was very reassuring. He said that to do anything to him, he'd need general anaesthesia and he wouldn't do that to his own child. Mikey is not at a comfort level...
Hi Alexis,    I'm so sorry! I can completely relate to what you're feeling and probably the guilt, even thought it's misplaced. I'm a proud breastfeeding mama to a 20.5 month old little boy. There are other risk factors that increase a child's risk of ECC. I just made a post about it in this section. I've learned so much and now the only reason I feel guilty is because I just didn't have the information.    What sort of treatment has been in place for your...
  It was pretty much what I thought.    7 cavities and 2 teeth with decalcification. Moderate Decay. That leaves one healthy tooth. For those of you who don't know, he's 20.5 months old. The dentist is a Holistic DDS and awesome. We took him to a Family DDS last week and he said he didn't see anything alarming. He was uncomfortable looking in his mouth because he was crying a bit. Yeah, he'll be getting a nice letter from me soon. Ha!   He said we're already...
Hi 1love4ever :    There have been some success stories in this community using cell salts and pascalite clay. My 20 month old son has several cavities as do I and we just started them. Out of all the suggested things ( xylitol, FCLO, cell salts, pascalite clay, MI Paste, raw milk ), to me they seem the most promising. I believe I've seen 3-4 success stories with them here alone. Xylitol also has a couple of success stories as does FMCLO. We're trying everything on...
I've reads lots of things on this forum about cell salts and tooth decay. Today  I picked up bioplasma, calcium fluoride, calcium phosphate, and silica ( for poor digestion ). He has two mild/moderate cavities on the front of his lateral incisors and two deeper cavities with decay on his upper molars. Can you anyone recommend dosage/frequency for this? 
In my search regarding my son's cavities I came across a thread in this community regarding lip tie and the above issues and a peak inside his mouth revealed not only a lip tie, but one that goes between his two front teeth and under his gums. We have a tentative appointment with a holistic dentist in a week regarding the frenum. We want to treat cavities with xylitol and MI paste, if possible.   So, any other moms who had kids with a lip tie that dealt with early...
I would not go back to them either. Just curious, are your children on Medicaid or something of that nature? I know two other moms who were threatened with the same, both regarding extensive dental treatment, both of them had children on Medicaid. The fact that they are demanding you choose them as a provider sends up red flags. My son was once on Medicaid and we felt that at one point his pediatrician was nearing what your dentist is threatening to do, only it was...
We're kind of in the same boat. I personally think it depends on the root cause of the cavities. Our son has cavities because I have them and spread the bacteria to him. So, it's just going to get worse unless we do some of those overhauls. We also don't have dental insurance, so the remedies ( if they work ) are much more cost effective for us. Our son is also a picky eater and breastfeeds at night time. I typically disagree with the idea that night time breastfeeding...
Hi Everyone!    We have a 20 month old son with some dental issues. We're a Weston Price family for the past 6 months. Here's where we're at : he has cavities  on his upper molars, one on the front of each lateral incisor and possibly a cavity on the lower molar. The ones on his lateral incisors are on the top portion. Started out as white spots that are turning brown with loss of enamel and a scratchy feeling. He is breastfed on demand and does night nurse.   I...