or Connect

Posts by lilfina

Hey, that is totally true about the cloth wipes! I too found cloth wipes much more convenient, once I switched to cloth diapering.  About the wipes solution, why not put it in a min-spray bottle so you can spray it on a dry cloth wipe? That way you can still use them on the go.   Btw, that is a great tip about recycling old T-shirts.  I'm going to look for some old t-shirts right now and cut them up as hankies for my baby.  She hates disposable tissues, but loves...
Me again; I was reading the other posts and thinking that I really don't know anything about newborn cloth diapers, since I didn't start CD until DD was 6 months old.  She did often have explosive runny poops, so I think the others are probably right about the prefolds and covers for poop containment...
I was new to cloth diapering too, and there are plenty of things I know now that I wish I'd known before:   GroVia works awesome for me, because the liner snaps out, and unless baby has a big messy poop, you can reuse the diaper cover.  That said, my baby had plenty of messy poops as a newborn, so newborn all-in-one would be better.     You are right; snaps are better than velcro.  Too late for me now though!   My baby is 11 months old and I finally bought a...
Grovia Hybrid has also been great for us.  The liner has a waterproof layer, so quite often I can snap out the liner and save the shell for another use.  Even if the liner gets over saturated, the waterproof shell holds the leaks in pretty well.  Plus,  you can get boosters.    The Grovia All-in-one has a snap in booster and even with the booster in, is not too bulky.   Also, because the soaker pads are not bulky at all, I can go up to 4 days without doing diaper...
My baby girl will be 8 months old in a week or so, and she still hates solids! She gags and spits out almost everything.  The only thing she will eat, in small quantities, is brown rice cake, which she likes to hold and gnaw on. Everything else, she pushes away or throws on the floor.  Is this normal? or will I have to breastfeed her forever to make sure she is properly nourished?