or Connect

Posts by roseaustinus

Hi, so glad I have found this forum. I am hoping somebody has experienced this before and can give some advice. I have an almost 18 month old, my first BF child. BF was extremely difficult and painful for me until he was about 4 month, then it was great, until he turned 1, and I got several nipple bleps (basically a plug right at the end of the nipple, which baby will eventually suck out and rip the duct open a bit with it) from one day of poor pumping (didn't have access...
Will’s Birth   After a grueling, needless 22 hr pitocin induction with my first baby leading to birth injuries that took 18 month to heal, and many battles fought at the hospital over procedures for this pregnancy, I convinced my hubby to agree to a midwife attended home birth. So glad I did! It was no comparison, and a wonderful healing experience that restored my belief in my body's ability to birth, Here is our birth story.   June 19th was my due date. Even...
Thanks for the reply. Let me try to give you all the info as best as I remember:     "You tell me about the recent formula feedings – you are saying he ate 2 oz of formula every hour. How much interest has he had in nursing now? "   The past three days he still had interest in nursing when supplementing with formula, although I supplemented less today. During the days when I was working  long hours he appeared less enthusiastic about having to put in effort to...
I am sorry that's happening to you, it was incredibly frustrating and sad when my boy refused. I was able to get my LO back to breast after initially combing breast and bottle, then getting to a point where he was completely refusing breast (although only for 36 hrs, at about 10 days old). I was able to go back to exclusively breastfeeding for a while.  When he refused, I was devastated -  i really feel for you. The nipple shield helped me get him back, but I latched...
I am sorry that's happening to you, it was incredibly frustrating and sad when my boy refused. I was able to get my LO back to breast after initially combing breast and bottle, then getting to a point where he was completely refusing breast (although only for 36 hrs, at about 10 days old). I was able to go back to exclusively breastfeeding for a while.  When he refused, I was devastated -  i really feel for you. The nipple shield helped me get him back, but I latched...
Dear Dr. Palmer,  I am at my wits end what to do about nursing my baby boy. After struggling immensely to get breastfeeding going (flat nipples, really bad latches, Raynaud's syndrome making my nipples extremely painful in between feedings and a hx of sexual abuse leading to some triggers when breastfeeding), I was finally able to exclusively breastfeed my son by about week 8 with only mild pain during feedings. Before that I had been feeding both formula and breast to...
Hi,   we just moved to the area from several states away. I am expecting again (in June)  and am desperately looking for a midwife. I really don't want to do hospital birth again. We live between Fargo and Grand Forks. Does anybody know of a midwife or birthing center? I am also hoping to find a doula. If you know of anybody, please message me - I might not see it amongst all these posts. Thanks a lot. Sarah