or Connect

Posts by familycastle

When I am sleep deprived or overheated through the night I get scary, vivid dreams. I also experience the paralysis feeling. I often dream about a strange version of the day's events. Once I am rested, this goes away! Hope you get the rest you need soon mama!
I have a 6 yo dd. I had Copper T for 2 years then pulled it out myself, but did not get pregnant in the few cycles I had before getting another IUD put in. I felt I needed a break from the IUD. We used PO method and all was fine. Had the second copper T IUD removed in late April 2012, conceived in July while actively trying. That pregnancy was a blighted ovum. Got pregnant again in January 2013, after induced miscarriage in October 2012. This pregnancy is 26 weeks and...
At my wedding there was a bouncy castle for the kids and one of the boys was bullying the other kids by not letting them on. My Aunty J (a long time teacher) went up to the boy, asked his name, then used his name to address him firmly while making it clear that 1) his behaviour would not be tolerated and 2) now it was time for the other children to bounce. She bent over to be closer and make eye contact and that combined with using his name made his behaviour transform...
These links seem to work. I do want to point out that although maternal stress can influence the developing fetus' methylation, it usually occurs under prolonged exposure to stress. I have an interest in how maternal stress can go on to cause developmental issues, and how later on the epigenetic effect may be undone. I agree that worrying about stress is not beneficial, but it actually helps me to de-stress knowing that it is important for my child's health. Even more...
Let me try again....http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19876832 and http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0039791.
I think a little stress is normal and even healthy, but I did just write a paper on how maternal stress can influence the baby's development. Here's one study......http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0039791. 
familycastle-9/26/13- #2- not sure! 
I'm waiting for this to happen to our dd (5) , because I've volunteered with her class, and the other lunches are white bread and meat slices all the way. We send all kinds of "weird" healthy foods. I think talking to the teacher is a good option, but personally I would be more inclined to make breakfast and dinner more varied, and pack lunches that are a little more discreet in terms of unusual healthy ingredients. For example a sandwich on healthy bread with a veggie...
Forgot to update. I'm off to TTC, but this is a bit belated so hoping for a BFP soon! 
I am finishing the last few courses of my biology degree which includes developmental biology, conservation biology, advanced physiology and infectious disease. I hope to get into the compressed nursing program next September and be finished that degree in 2.5 years. After that I have plans to do my masters in nursing, possibly also become a nurse practitioner. I love school, and all my plans, but my student debt is going to be outrageous!