or Connect

Posts by familycastle

I have 50/50 with my ex, since dd was 1. We came to this agreement on our own, and it has worked for over 5 years now. I don"t like having to keep in touch with my ex, and I look forward to the day she is old enough to make her own plans about where she wants to be. For now she goes back and forth every 2 nights, and it seems to work well. She is very well adjusted and doesn't seem to have any issues with it. You have to keep in mind that he is the father and has just as...
I have 50/50 with my ex, since dd was 1. We came to this agreement on our own, and it has worked for over 5 years now. I don"t like having to keep in touch with my ex, and I look forward to the day she is old enough to make her own plans about where she wants to be. For now she goes back and forth every 2 nights, and it seems to work well. She is very well adjusted and doesn't seem to have any issues with it. You have to keep in mind that he is the father and has just as...
Cute thread! My 5.5 yo dd loves to play with mud. She makes mud pies, mud soup, mud everything, and sells it to us for play money. She is just learning to read and tries to sound out everything. DD loves anything to do with nature - bugs, snake skin, animal bones, old wasp nests- everything. Her newest thing is swimming with no floatation device, it's been awesome!
I haven't read everything, but what about having her watch him in YOUR house, this way it is your food, no pills lying around and just plain safer. You could limit the time to 2 hours, or just long enough to go on a mini date and connect alone as adults?
My dd stopped napping at age 1. I thought I was going to die, but I decided to embrace it, and push a bedtime of 6:30pm. From that time on she never napped, but went to bed early and has always slept 12 hours. I really don't mind it. Everyone is different, and some kids just don't need the nap/down time.
I like the German cone idea, I might try giving dd school supplies as a gift in some fashion. I saw a cute idea somewhere that you have your child write a few lines about what they want to be when they grow up, or maybe something they want to do. If you do it the first day of school each year, it makes quite the keepsake.
Thanks everyone!
EDD: April 16th Age: 25 Location: Ontario, Canada Time for BFP: One cycle after removing copper IUD Child # 2 Family: Loving Husband and wonderful 5.5 yo big sister to be Gender: Kind of hoping it's a boy Planning to birth at the Midwives' birth clinic, but may end up with a home birth if an out-of-towner needs a room. Love that midwifery is covered here! Blog: Haven't updated in a while but it is...
Congrats everyone! We were going to wait until 8 weeks, but I was too excited and started telling close friends. Now we have to tell our huge family before they find out from other people!
I have had an account for a while, but just realized this is where I should have posted first! I have a 5.5 year old dd, and am preggo with #2. I had a home birth, and plan to again. I can't wait to bust out my old cloth diapers again! I start the Practical Nursing Program soon after this next baby, and plan to work my way up to a Nurse Practitioner. Looking forward to making many friends