or Connect

Posts by familycastle

My first dd is 5.5 years old, and I had her when I was 20, before I even started my degree. I had no money, and was extremely worried. Looking back now, I realize that I worried way more than I should have, because life works itself out. I've completed my degree now, am stable, and am pregnant with my second child. I have to admit, I stil worry, but I know that one day I will look back at this worry and realize it was all for not, just as it was for dd. Just plan...
Yes, I totally agree with you! You're not depriving him of anything, you're teaching him to be conscious about his food- a priceless gift in life. My dd asks "is this vegetarian" all the time, so funny.
I'm such a dumbbell, I just reread the OP and I see the word "free," after I mentioned a blow up castle. OK, free and easy at the park- face painter is such a good one, what about:   1. A craft table with crayons, paper, etc. 2. Shirt Decorating- At our local folk festival every year their is a kids' zone and they have a pile of used (and washed) t-shirts and fabric markers, and the kids go nuts decorating them. 3. Tree Web- I have also seen a tree web, where...
Well, I wouldn't say I am "bad" at house keeping and I am embarrassed to admit this for some reason, but I definitely gleaned a lot from a huge housekeeping book by Martha Stewart. She has a daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal and yearly chore checklist, and although I don't follow them all, I like the daily one a lot:   -make the beds -manage clutter -sort the mail -clean as you cook -wipe up spills while they are fresh -sweep the kitchen floor in the...
Oh, what a fun thread! I do what the majority of you seem to do: bathroom check, kitchen counter check, throw clutter somewhere, spray an essential oil mist, and make sure things look presentable. I wish I didn't care, but I do!
This is my fave beet recipe!   Garlic Beet Soup (I don't really follow a recipe, I make it to taste, but I would say...)   - 4-5 med beets - med onion chopped -2-3 garlic cloves which I chop up and saute in olive oil for a few minutes - 2 celery stalks - 4-5 cups of broth or enough to cover the veggies -1 tsp ginger -salt and pepper to taste -olive oil -yogurt or sour cream for garnish and/or a fresh green herb ( I like parsley)   1. Wash...
Good job to all the mamas who have cut back their bill, and good luck to all those who are trying! I just went through my grocery purchases for the last few months using my online banking and realized I spend about 450/ month. It's 2 adults and dd (4.5yo). We buy some organic foods, but mostly not. I have just decided to go GF and soy-free for a while, so that might encourage the meal planning. I want to cut back a bit, even 50.00 would help. My goal is to make a meal...
     My dd (4.5yo) did this for a while. Sometimes even now, when pretending to eat foods, she says "I'm eating meat." I think she just does it to see how I will respond, because often she proudly proclaims "I don't eat meat." It doesn't bother me at all, and I believe that it will pass, like the "no" stage did.      Sometimes she likes to ask why some people eat meat, and I tell her that they choose to do so. We have been over why I do not, and why daddy does not etc,...
I think there have been many great suggestions, and I definitely think you and your dh need to figure out a resting time slot and then assign a few tasks for him on weeknights. I think that all parents have to figure how to make time together, time alone, and time with the family. This may not be an option in your family, but I find that getting up early before children do and having alone time helps my dh feel better prepared for tasks with children later in the day. He...
I didn't read through all the replies, but I do think volunteering with the local humane society as a dog walker, and going with dd may work (if it's allowed in your area). This way she can get her fill of dogs, without having to bring one home to dh.