or Connect

Posts by outdoorsy

Hi everyone! Our sweet baby boy was born July 3 in the wee hours! I had an induction due to being 41 weeks and over age 35 (my doc lets younger women go another week). The induction was painful and I got an epidural after a long night of contractions. They said I was a good pusher, but I ended up having to have to pulls of the vacuum to get him out pronto at the end because the cord was tight around his neck and his heart rate was erratic.   Anyway, it's all worth...
Congrats Coco! She looks so great! Definitely a strong one for sure.     And...   Hurrah DOMA is struck down! http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/us/politics/supreme-court-gay-marriage.html?_r=0   ... though it sounds like the court will still allow states to define marriage, so if you want those Soc Sec, inheritance, and immigration benefits, folks, you may have to move --- or at least get married in another state. We'll see. It depends how the Obama...
Pokey -- There you go, as always, welcoming all the new people and including everyone! I hope you have a great delivery! You deserve it! You are so close now.   Bigfoot -- To answer your question, I'm not using any herbs. It's not really my thing.   Cananny - Glad you are surviving SAHM-hood and enjoying the boys! How nice that you can take them outside under the trees. I am a little paranoid about doing that with mine because we have a lot of Lyme disease in my...
QOTD - An interesting issue. I went through a time from maybe 17-21 or so when I didn't shave, or mostly didn't, for feminist reasons. But after a while, if I went to the odd pool party or some place where I felt too self-conscious to be unshaven, I might shave. I eventually started shaving again because I decided to accept that we can't separate ourselves completely from our culture, and I wanted to feel reasonably attractive and accepted in American culture, such as it...
Yay Cordelia and DH! Congratulations!!!
Easttowest - Thanks for asking! We are about two weeks away if the baby comes on time. I am officially full term and would be happy for him or her to arrive any day now. The crib is up, car seat base installed. I would like to go to a movie or two also, like you said!   The clutter of all the baby gear is a little bit of an issue, because the house is small and we have lots of furniture we don't want to part with. We need to work on that.   I did have two...
Carmen - I'm so sorry your blood sugar is still not under control, that you have to use all those needles, and that you are feeling like a "case." That is so hard. I hope things get better! 
Have you tried Meetup.com? Also on Facebook you can search "queer parents portland" and there is a group. Those are usually better routes for making local connections.
I talked with my wife some more about the negatives my doctor pointed out re circing, and she said she would think about them and be open minded. I was really happy about that! But then she brought it up in front of her sister-in-law, who immediately pronounced we should do it! Obnoxious. And what's worse, she came up with a story that's hard to dispute --- that she knows someone whose father had to have a circ when he was elderly, because of chronic nasty infections due...
I wonder if people will admit to that on this board! But of course people do it unconsciously to some degree. I am worried about what happens when the LO goes to school and learns those behaviors and attitudes from other kids (I am not into homeschooling).