or Connect

Posts by outdoorsy

Hi everyone. Visiting from QP&P (almost 4 mos along) to wish everyone a very pregnant New Year! Good luck esenbee!
Thank you, seraf.
Welcome, mrsandmrs.       Everyone ----   I have been away for a while -- enjoying the first trimester -- and I just checked the front page of this thread and saw the news about nosreves' little Elio. I can hardly believe it and am so, so sad for noreves and her partner. They had to go through so much, traveling out of country to conceive, as most of you know. And nosreves was very supportive to me when I was struggling to get pregnant. I know she's probably not...
Cordelia - I'm thinking about getting that same DNA test you mentioned, but haven't been able to get an answer on the cost yet. Do you know how much it cost? Was any of it covered by insurance?   AFM -- Well everyone, I know I haven't checked in in a while, but things are going OK. I tried to get my NT test, and they couldn't do it because the baby wouldn't pick its chin up properly, so I have to go back.   I've discovered that when you're pregnant, some people...
We paid for the sperm and the clinic's actual insemination fee, but other services (like $900 worth of bloodwork) were covered. Also, after several months (but before meeting the minimum) we were able to argue that we had documented ovulation dysfunction and therefore got more coverage for subsequent cycles.   I do not know how much the law forces them to cover, so it would vary by insurer, of course.
I bet you could move to a different town in Mass and pay *way* less than the home price you mentioned. But you'd be at least an hour outside Boston.
Mtiger - Pokey has a lot of wisdom as usual. I second what she said, especially the part about how it's important to show support through behavior and not just saying you're supportive. One other thing that comes to mind -- and Pokey, I'm curious what you would say about this -- is that it's going to be difficult for your child to get people, especially casual acquaintances, to use a plural pronoun for a singular person. Over time, it's going to be extremely tiring for...
Thanks, DESERT, for the veggie parade! And to pokey, seraf, nosreves, knitting, cananny, wishin, isa, and planet (hope I didn't forget anyone) for welcoming me!   I'm busy trying not to think about the mild nausea. Unfortunately, the thing that seems to help the most is eating... often. Also looking forward to my "welcome group" appointment at the ob/midwife's tomorrow. I am just transitioning from the fertility doc, so this will be my first time at a new practice....
Hello everyone -- old friends and new. I am FINALLY able to graduate from QC. I am 7 1/2 weeks and just had my ultrasound today to confirm the heartbeat. Everything was normal. Hi to Nosreves and everyone I knew at QC!
Lizbian - I'm so sorry about your cat! And about your and the dog's troubled knees. I hope your luck turns around!   Sphinxy - I don't see any problem with that, but I don't know what others would have to say. Myself, I didn't want to orgasm for at least a week after insemming just to make sure everything was settled in there. We used to do the "orgasm right after insem" thing, but it never worked and just made me worry, so we stopped.   AFM - Today's u/s was...