or Connect

Posts by outdoorsy

Congratulations to San Diego and your DW!  
Between the hurricane brewing outside and staring at the calendar waiting to see if there's really a baby in there at my Nov. 9 ultrasound, it's hard to concentrate today.   Sphinxy -- Good luck on safe delivery of the sperm, and on your insems! Fingers crossed that everything will work out well for you and result in a BFP. (I can see the baby name list now... "Sandy," "Storm," etc. Here's hoping this is your month!   Darth - Thanks for the reassurance re NICUs....
Sphinxy - I too endorse the twice-a-day opk testing. Try to do it at the same times every day. My midwife's office said once a day, but after I miised the surge one month, I vowed never to do that again. Like someone else said, I also used the cheapies to observe a fade-in before I started using the digitals. That way you don't plow through a ton of expensive testers. I found that sometimes the cheapie registered positive before the ditigal, though, and in that case, I...
Splashing - Can you tell us how "Everywhere Babies" illustrates queer culture? I checked it out on Amazon and that wasn't evident at all. Thanks.
Invitn - I'm not sure how much Clomid you're taking, but maybe you could do a smaller dose? The first month I tried it, I had 100 mg prescribed by the midwife's office. Shortly thereafter, I ended up with a liquid cyst in my breast that had to be aspirated, and, the following month, I had an oddly light period and very short cycle. That sucked! Then, when I went to the RE, she put me on half the dose (50 mg) and everything seemed much better -- and now I'm pregnant in...
Nosreves - Threadcrashing to say that my sister's boy was born four years ago with one of his feet turned in, and it went away on its own before long -- not sure exactly how long, but certainly in plenty of time for him to start walking. He walked normally and at the normal age.
SanDiego - With trigger, we insemmed 36 hours post trigger, give or take an hour.
SunandEr - The group is "MA South Shore Area LGBT Parents," but for privacy it is a "secret" group on Facebook (I had never previously heard of such a thing), which means that non-members should not be able to find it in search results. The only way to get on, or even see it, is to be added by a member. That's so people feel comfortable using their real identities, photos, etc. And everyone who joins is supposed to read the confidentiality/terms of use agreement and type...
I've tried a few times to update my sig, and it's given me a server error on two different days.
Hello everyone. I'm a little behind.   Sphinxy, Jenny, SanDiego, fmorris, SunandEr -- I'm so sorry to hear about your BFNs. I hope this board has another big month in November to graduate you all!   invitn -- that's one totally beautiful cat you've got there.   SunandEr - Did you see my question buried in an earlier post? I live quite near you. Are you a member of the South Shore LGBT parents group that started on Meetup and recently moved to...