or Connect

Posts by Megan Plunkett

I'd love to have some more tips too! I'm due with boy #2 in a week and we started with ds #1 at 6 months. He could sit on a potty and hold himself up already. I keep reading about girls and keep thinking "that will never work with a boy!"    How on earth do you get a limp newborn boy propped up over a bowl without making a mess? My now 18 month old is awesome about going potty, but overshoots the spray guard thing constantly!
Me too! I just watched a friend's baby and almost puked at the poop. My son is only 18 months, but hasn't pooped in a diaper in quite some time.
Flannel - especially all those receiving blankets work really well. Also, if you have an IKEA nearby, they have packs of 10 or 12 for under $5! Hands down the best price and saves the time of making your own.
I second all the advice here. The stretchy wrap was great for super newborn. The ring sling was great once he could hold his head up for the store and now the Boba (like an Ergo) is awesome for older kiddos. He really loves to be in the cart too, but for hiking and things, the Boba with both front and back carries is great.   I just wanted to recommend a brand of ring slings. Rockin Baby Slings not only makes gorgeous slings, but for every one you purchase they send...
CD'ing is really no extra work if you factor in no midnight runs to the store. A late night load of laundry is way better than having to go out and spend money in my opinion. And no worries about whether you have the money or not.    I have cloth diapered my son from 5 weeks until now. He is 14 months. In total I have spent just under $600 on diapers. I could have gone way cheaper, but I wanted a mix of types and brands, and enough to wash every 2 to 3 days. I am now...
I have a diaper sprayer since I cloth diaper and although I don't have to use it for diapers thanks to EC (woohoo!!), it is the best thing ever for cleaning the potty. After poop, I wipe with a Green Works wipe and then rinse with the sprayer. The sprayer is also the best thing ever to clean my Diva cup (sorry if that's TMI).
I found a Bambino Mio potty on diapers.com for $9 and from what I can tell it's incredibly similar to the BBLP. It's small which is great for my little one. Just thought I'd let you know! Amazon sells it in a potty training package which presumably we don't need, but diapers.com has just the potty. 
Thanks for all the info. @Ma Cactus - I'll keep my eye out for some wool blankets. When your LO misses at night the blankets absorb it, but does it wake him up? I don't like the idea of him laying in his pee if he goes at night.   Right now, he still wakes up once or twice at night, we change him, nurse him, and he goes right back to sleep. I think we'll start offering the potty at the changes (even though he has already peed in the diaper). This afternoon he held...
I have been EC'ing my 6mo old for a few weeks now and it is going great. We are catching most pees and poops. I've noticed that DS strongly prefers going in the potty (and why wouldn't he?), but this is presenting a problem at night.   He seems to pretty actively squirm and fuss in his sleep (which I'm pretty sure means he needs to go potty). The problem is it's cold so he is fully clothed and wearing a cloth diaper. How on earth am I supposed to undress him, open...
We've been doing really well. I got a potty that can be out in the living room with us while we play and he seems to really like it. I also focus on being relaxed about it. If either of us are getting frustrated I just put him back in the diaper and try again later.    I'm still having a hard time learning what his actual cues might be. I have a pretty good sense of when he'll have to go and have gotten good at basically timing him. Even when he sits on the potty...