or Connect

Posts by SaguaroMoon

I'm already a fan of Mothering on Facebook, and "liked" Oak Meadow quite a while ago, too; I've extensively looked into homeschooling curricula, and definitely plan on utilizing Oak Meadow when my son gets older!  I commented on the post about ever shifting rhythm.
We just signed a lease on a house in Beacon, and are moving in on Wednesday! So excited!!! Our landlord told us about a great toddler playground at Beacon Memorial Park, and DS had a blast there! I just found out about a parent & toddler yoga class at Beacon Yoga, too. Yay!!!
Hi, Jill! Cool! We chose Beacon for several reasons. We love that it has a walkable Main Street, and access to a natural foods store is important. There seem to be a lot of cultural opportunities in Beacon, for a small city, and we were glad to see the diversity. And while the commute seems reasonable (at least for now; hopefully DH will still think so after a couple of months!), Beacon is actually affordable. Thank you so much for all the information! I would love to...
Nice to meet you!  We (DH, our 14 month old DS, and I) are moving to Beacon, NY this month! We're so excited! We're both originally from "back east" (I grew up in NYC, DH in NJ), but we've been living in Tucson, AZ. I love the desert, but I can't wait to be near the forest again!    Any recommendations for the Hudson Valley? Groups, hikes, swimming holes, fun places to hang out with a little guy? I'm really psyched to check out Common Ground Farm in Wappinger Falls,...
  I was just thinking that really need to do this! I generally have a decent memory, but I'm so sleep deprived I'm afraid I'll forget a lot, and DH has a crap memory (not being mean, he's the first to admit it). I randomly remember things I'd already forgot; for example, just the other day, I remembered that when we took K out at 4 months for a full moon walk, he began giggling almost hysterically, on and on, upon seeing the moon. That's the kind of stuff I really want to...
That's great that you're able to pump so much - sounds like Patrick will be very well supplied during the surgery and recovery period!  
Hey ladies! Yeah, it worked out fine. K had a great time! He seemed thrilled to see me when they returned from their walk, but didn't seem unhappy to continue to be held by our neighbor while we chatted a bit. He's such a social little guy. They went for another walk last week, and had a great time again.   I'm just a nervous mommy, and probably had far more separation anxiety than he did!   FM - we have a Bob Ironman. DH's parents got it for us for Winter...
I agree completely. We were at a restaurant the other night with DS (10 1/2 months), DH, my mom, and her cousin. Only after we were seated in the rather crowded restaurant did I notice that we had full view of the huge televisions in the bar section. The look on DS's face was disturbing; he had this stupefied, glazed look as he stared at the televisions, quite unlike his usual bright, alert, inquisitive expression. He's usually super interested in what everyone is doing...
Jynx -   I saw this on FB, but I wasn't sure what to say yet there; somehow I feel more comfortable responding here.   I am so sorry you are going through this. I think everyone has different ways of coping with this kind of news. I can only share what I think might help me if I were the one dealing with this.   This is, of course, terrifying, because you have no control in so many ways. You have no control over what's going on in your body, and you have no...
  Thanks for the perspective, Forest. I guess I know this short time won't traumatize him, I'm just being a bit paranoid. There have already been a few times when we've been in this neighbor's apartment, and I've left him there to go take laundry out of the washer and put it in the dryer, things like that, and he's been fine with her during those times, so we've had some "test runs".   K LOVES his stroller. It was funny, because we tried him in one that my MIL borrowed at...